1969 A Body (Barracuda) license bracket

-
The above pic shows it all. A bolt head with a flat washer, then the bracket. Under the bracket is the bumper ear with bolt through ( not actually shown ), and what is very likely a kept washer type nut.
Mine didn't include the OEM hardware but I'm not on assembly line. I can use sperate flat washer, lock washer and nut or nylon locking nut.
The large square openings that allow this view,,, for all practical purposes are wrench openings and/or venting. Reduces wind loading, waterfall effect from beneath the plate, whatever condition might have occurred.
Does look as though the rubber bumper is missing from behind that plate. Plate laying against bracket there can create a strange little vibrating/buzz noise.
My aftermarket frame is much like a picture frame, it has full back. I put a bolt through it where the rubber bumper was removed. Lower hardware also through that back plate. The plate is simply captured by the frame like a picture in a frame.

A pic of mine wont help much.
So the top of the bracket bolts to the bumper with 2 nuts and bolts. At the bottom of the bracket are 2 square holes where square plastic nut inserts go. Then the plate is screwed on there. At upper center is a rubber bumper for the plate to rest/bounce against. Your rear license plate is attached the very same way. If you do use the aftermarket plate frame ( I also have those at front and rear plates ) you will probably will need to drill more holes to bolt that frame on. The 2 little plastic nut inserts alone at bottom will not support the aftermarket frames long term. My from frame has a nut and bolt in upper center where the rubber bumper was removed. Yes I had to drill a hole in my frames backplate for this bolt.

View attachment 1715276410
Redfish

Case closed, that's exactly what I needed to hear, now I understand completely.
Alright then. That's it guys thanks for everything.
MAPS

Heres pics of an old bracket I had, but have since sold.
Top 2 holes in the license plate itself arent used(i think), there are plastic nutserts st the bottom that are used to mount plate to bracket only. Any cuda pics I've seen only use bottom 2 holes to mount the plate?

View attachment 1715276518

View attachment 1715276519
Exactly, hope I have (will use it) it thanks. Just going to wait to see if there is any "vibrations."
MAPS

If it helps, a rear view from the passenger side...……..
View attachment 1715276522
Dave
Thank you very much, just another question the bolt that we see on top on the plate going thru the bracket, is what ? What's it's purpose, it "looks" like it's just a bolt and nut going thru the skits.. For nothing ?? This is what confused the s$#t. Out of me lol
MAPS

Same as the rear.

Simple deal really. I certainly can neither hear or feel any vibration. You would think seeing this on the car no one would need to ask what year. Folks do not pay attention though.

If all is right it lines up to the ears and is a simple bolt through at the bumper. The other end ties in at the K-frame to valence support bracket bolt.

54C31EB7-222F-491C-8866-E5C7EA117B82.jpeg

Dave
Thank you very much, just another question the bolt that we see on top on the plate going thru the bracket, is what ? What's it's purpose, it "looks" like it's just a bolt and nut going thru the skits.. For nothing ?? This is what confused the s$#t. Out of me lol
MAPS
Cuda Al nailed it for ya'. Thanks Al.:thumbsup:

.........I didn't see any chrome there so I assumed that's a flat washer......
Lol, Red my car sports the "distressed" look!

I know this may have sounded or looked stupid to the few that really know these cars but it took a while for me... Still learning, on how and where bolts went for the bracket.
I'm set now and leaving it as it is. No more, no less.
Thanks to all.
MAPS

We're all still learning.
I'm set now and leaving it as it is.
MAPS, I apologize if I confused you.
Do you agree that your plate bracket tabs are bent down and should not be?
Just to clarify what you see on mine maybe this will help...…
upload_2019-1-18_18-7-55.png

Dave
Please do not apologize for my shortcomings, far from it being your responsibility, let alone need to explain to me in detail, over and over, if I can't, won't, don't catch it the first 100 times, I'll never catch it.

But I can tell you now that I believe I have been saying the same thing this whole time but possibly not expressing it properly.
The bolt, washer and nut go thru those ears/tabs that were bent downwards on mine in the beginning. Now that we had them bent backwards... Towards the Rad, they go thru those long slots and then have the bolt put in to hold the bracket ? At least that's how I did it. If there is another way, I've given up, it's staying like it is now.
Only thing that will make me alter the set up is if the thing starts to vibrate too much but I'll only know that in the spring when the car comes back out. Until then, thanks guys you have been more than helpful, I'm never at a loss with members like you guys.
MAPS

Perfect pic Dave! I know sometimes a different pic is like having another set of eyes. Helps clear things up.
We're all still learning.

MAPS, I apologize if I confused you.
Do you agree that your plate bracket tabs are bent down and should not be?
Just to clarify what you see on mine maybe this will help...…
View attachment 1715277260

-
Back