1969 B7 Dart project

-

Steven190

Reaction score
This is my 69 Dart project. It has taking me about 3 years to get this far. I started with a car that was outside for many years in Nebraska, and fair will rusted, plus some damage.

I did not do the body work and had Mike at MRL do a 408 motor, 550 horse power and 560 pound feet torque. A Hurst Tremec 5 speed conversion going to a 8 3/4 posi rear axle with 3:91 gears.

I am about 90% done, what I have left to do is the door windows and put in the interior, which is covered. It will be started this week end to see what happens.

I will post more pictures later

image1.jpeg

PC310014.JPG

138.jpeg

wow great project! thats an awesome drive line you got there i will be watching for more pics. Mike also built the 340 i will be dropping in mine this winter great guy. What color interior are you installing?

Great car. Now that first pic of where you found it is a candidate for one of the best I've seen. Awesome save.

Going to run the carb for awhile, but I have a Fast 2.0 that will be installed this fall.
Bucket seats, TTI exhaust,

underside.jpg

engine _ trans.JPG

engine bay.JPG

interior 3.JPG

more pictures.
Feel Firm front suspension and PS Stage 1 box

front suspension.JPG

rear end.jpg

Dr Dif parts and rear disc conversion

trunk.JPG

getting ready to be fired up this weekend

As it gets ready to be fired up.JPG

Beautiful car sir, and fantastic looking work. In my mind it doesn't matter how long it is taking, it's getting done and congrats! That is the color of my first car, a '69 formula S fastback Cuda in 1972, which I traded in around '74 for my '69 340 swinger, my all time favorite! Good luck finishing!!

Here are a few more pictures of the almost completed car. I have the car on the road but plan to put the fuel injection on it is the FAST 2.0 system, added two mechanical gauges, and the front brakes need to be looked at. Under hard braking it pulls to the left. Plus a few dress up add-on's.

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

Awesome build !! So thats B7 ..not B5 ??.. I have a 70 Cuda 383 4spd car waiting its turn for resto. It is B7 with B5 interior..

Very nice. Great stance. Wheels and tires are perfect. Gives it that "Bulldog", "ready to pounce" look.
Excellent work, beautiful Dart.

Thanks it took me about 3 years to get it to this point.
Yeah a B7 car, it is a little darker than B5, not as much green.
It has 1 5/8"TTI headers, had to shim the motor up about 1/8" to clear the box. 2 1/2"TTI X pipe exhaust with MF mufflers.
Borg and Beck McLeod clutch with w/ Tremec TKO 5 speed
4 wheel dics.

It runs good, but hard starting when cold. injection will solve that.

I used the Digitail tail lights

Last edited:
Good looking car, love that color on Darts. Nice toy in the garage also.

Great Build
Is that a PPG B7?
What kind of primer and how many coats of base coat?
Wheel and tire combo?
Great results
Thanks

Mine is a PPG B7, base coat, 4 coats with 4 coats clear
DP 90 primer
Steel wheels 15 X 7 and 15 X 18 with BFG's in B7 with caps

side.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in the process of a resto mode on a 1969 Dart as well. B7 is my color. 360 with a Tremic 5 speed and a strange rear end.
What type of rear leaf springs? I like the stance of your Dart. Are you running P235 tires in the rear? How did you wire battery in the trunk?
I plan on doing the same thing.

Your Dart is Great
Hope I don't ask too many questions
Thanks

I used Feel Firms's stuff for all the suspension. Leaf springs with a 1 inch + 8 3/4 with 3:91 posi. Dr Diff rear disc and green stripe bearings.
rear tires are 255-60 15, MT ET's
Battery is mounted on right side of trunk I would run the wire a little different than I did. I would put a hole on the inside of the frame rail on the top of the hump, use a grommet, so it is ahead of the shocks then run it across the hump to the left rail, on the inside , up to the starter. I did it right at the battery on the outside of the rail, behind the rear tire. It is not a good place for a street car, gets dirty easy and hard to clean. I put a cuttoff switch in the ground wire with the lever in a boxed section under the car.

Battery Switch.jpg

Did you cut your upper transmission/torsion bar cross mount to install the tremic? If so, did you refab a new cross brace or leave it open?
Thanks

I got a Hurst Tremec kit. Yes I had to cut the cross member. Hurst has a cross member that I liked. It is made of heavy steel, and has a loop over the top, to replace the cut material.

-
Back