1969 Charger R/T

-

McDart

Reaction score
This was supposed to be a quick, something to do on a Sunday type of thing while my son worked on his Gundham kits. Well, I never could just leave things be. LOL. It started as an MPC City Slicker snap kit that ended up going a bit beyond. Ended up taking a month, working on it here and there. Interior paint is SEM automotive interior paint I had on the shelf, the carpet it flocking mat'l, tires are AMT pad printed, exterior paint is testors one coat lacquer in Rootbeer Brown. I'll have to get a picture of the chassis as tbats detailed too.

20190331_201914.jpg

20190331_201842.jpg

20190331_201713.jpg

20190331_201650.jpg

Cool beans. I built a glue kit MPC dukes of hazzard charger years ago. I wonder if this is the same kit but made into a snap kit. I love your overspray look on the bottom. Looks factory. Did you use chromefoil on the windows. Love the color combo. The rootbeer and white is fantastic.

Cool beans. I built a glue kit MPC dukes of hazzard charger years ago. I wonder if this is the same kit but made into a snap kit. I love your overspray look on the bottom. Looks factory. Did you use chromefoil on the windows. Love the color combo. The rootbeer and white is fantastic.
The kit isn't used from the original dukes kit although it does come with everything to make a general Lee, except decals. They do make a glue version of this kit though, Country Dodge Charger.
Yes, I used BMF. Been using it since the 80's.
If I'm doing a "stock" type build, I try and do the undercarriage as it was built at the factory.

Thats prob gonna be the next kit my son and i build. He has a 70 chevelle, concept camaro, and ford GT. All snap kits we got from hobby lobby. Since he is 6 i help him when we build. I have a petty kit car dart i am halfway done building. No time to finish it.

My son is 13. Unfortunately, he's not into cars so no car models. But he builds the Gundham kits and is really good at it. Changes up the color schemes and all. Time is an issue for me too so it takes awhile to complete a kit. Been doing it since I was around 6 though. So 46 years.

My son loves cars. Been into hot wheels since he was 3. We are working on a 1-1 scale kit for him as well. I told him if he puts in the sweat equity with my help and teaching, the car is his. We just got the first panel in 2K base primer. Working one panel at a time. I have had it sitting for about 4 years collecting up parts and waiting till he was old enough for us to start on it. Bought it half stripped for $300 off Fabo as shown in first pic. A bargain. We started work on the body about 3 weeks ago. I think in that one pic he is doing his best James Dean impression lol.

P1090479.jpg

20190517_185351.jpg

20190525_172313.jpg

20190519_111158.jpg

20190516_182903.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. The chassis is kind of a PITA to detail because it's all molded as one. But I couldn't leave well enough alone, LOL

-
Back