1969 Daily Driver

-
Well I have news that I no longer work for Crower and I have moved out of California to Tennessee. I work as an engineer for a new company Comp Cams. Carry on.

Well I have news that I no longer work for Crower and I have moved out of California to Tennessee. I work as an engineer for a new company Comp Cams. Carry on.
Well that’s a 50/50 feeling here as that is a total bummer on one hand and a full cheer “CONGRATS!!!” To you with many wishes for a great, happy and long fruitful career for you! Best wishes to you. See in Tennessee!

Where about are your new dig’s?

Well that’s a 50/50 feeling here as that is a total bummer on one hand and a full cheer “CONGRATS!!!” To you with many wishes for a great, happy and long fruitful career for you! Best wishes to you. See in Tennessee!

Where about are your new dig’s?

I live in Collierville TN and thanks. Yeah It is great working with people that understand what I am talking about. Also Billy Godbold's office is two doors down. So yeah I am in good company.

After almost a year with the 200 4r transmission in my car it is time now for a change. I have been trying to find a great balance between power, reliability while trying to get the best mileage possible. I have left Crower and now work for Comp Cams in Memphis Tennessee as the TCI Automotive Engineer. That all being said I built something that has been done before maybe many time but I never had so here it is. I built a Slant 6 904 with a low ratio 1st/2nd, all the internals from the lock up 904, used 6 thin clutches in the forward drum, oiling tricks through out and best of all......a lock up converter. I used the 2,500 stall Breakaway converter and will activate it with the B&M lockup controller that I already have and since it works so well and it is already wired in. I really like the dial that you can control at what speed it locks or unlocks.

Another bitchen add on is that since I am one of Comps Engineers so I get my hands on all the new skunk works products. Stay tuned for for some of the most in depth testing of throttle bodies, batch fire and finally sequential fire on the slant six. The goal is still 30mpg. I don't know if I will ever get there but it sure has been fun trying. So far I have tried 208/212 duration at 0.050" on a 110LSA with 0.450"/0.450" lift, and 212/208 duration at 0.050" on a 110lsa with a 0.450"/0.450" lift. My goal was to use the same masters and make a cam that was 212/212 with the same everything else but I do not work for Crower anymore. Also I saw ZERO change in either power, milage or sound between the two. Because of this I am going to make a change in the same direction but it will be 213/213 on a 108 LSA with a 0.475/0.475 lift. This cam is already made and I have a different engine on a stand being built that will be in the winter break. Enjoy.

sd43.jpg

sd44.jpg

sd46.jpg

sd45.jpg

sd48.jpg

sd49.jpg

Sikeston, MO? I'll have to look it up but I like road trips. Could be 8 hrs each way.
I'll skip the meet Uncle Tony part though.

In case you need a '69 GTS Big brother? I know this car a little bit. Nice ride. 383 4-speed. A solid 4+ (0-5 condition scale) asking is $38k.

Leaving Facebook

00G0G_24Ox4QyRAMJz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Something I have been working on for three years on and off. Behold the 0.250" thick Slant six valve cover load spreader. I am going to test it on drag week.

20220911_145346.jpg

LMAO! Shane! How’s things? Have not seen you in a while. I hope the new job and digs are good for you.

When are you dropping part 2? Your killing me! LOL!

So you were parked across from my 68 Fairlane and RC Industries Crusty Chrysler 300 at Sikeston I believe.

LMAO! Shane! How’s things? Have not seen you in a while. I hope the new job and digs are good for you.

When are you dropping part 2? Your killing me! LOL!
As soooooooon as they open a damn dragstrip on the weekend. Last week it was rain and this week it was too cold. Ha ha ha ha ha OPEN A FUCKEN DRAGSTRIP.

As soooooooon as they open a damn dragstrip on the weekend. Last week it was rain and this week it was too cold. Ha ha ha ha ha OPEN A FUCKEN DRAGSTRIP.
Oooo, yea… your temps are a bit low and rain will kill it dead real fast. So far so good for me if I had a dang car to even drive. Orlando Speedworld is an hour north of me but way to far for you. Ol’Mississippi have anything for you close by?

Rob

I love this! My grandparents had this exact car new off the lot in Corvallis Oregon. I used to get so carsick in the back seat when Grandma drove the mountain roads that I had a bad reaction to that color for years. I've gotten over it.

-
Back