1969 dart brake line routing

-

Steven190

Reaction score
Are there any diagrams of the brake line routing? I bought a inline tube kit and I am confuse as to were the tubes go.

The FSM shows the routing. One of the other Mopar sites has FSM's available to download.

Is FSM, Field Service Manuals?

I have the 1969 Dodge service manual, but it does not show any routing.

Has it been a while since you removed the originals? I bought and in line kit for my 68 and it seemed to match right up, except for the axle tubes, but I think that was because I have what I believe to be a b body 8-3/4 under there. I could describe the routing for you in words, if you can't find a diagram.

Last edited:
Yeah it has been 4 years since I have seen the lines, the car I got was mostly apart to begin with. There is not diagram with the kit, and I call them. They do not have anything as a guide.
I am just looking for sometime to give me an idea as to what goes were. Right now none of the tubes look like they fit. Will work on them today

The long one has to feed through the hole in the crossmember next to the drivers side torsion bar. Feed it from the back to the front. The rest of it should kind of a line with where it needs to go. Just behind the rear, front seat bracket it takes a 90 and then another 90 and runs along the rocker panel, past the spring mounts and near where the frame curves upwards it jumps around the frame and then goes to the mounting bracket where it converts to a flex hose.
The front passenger side runs from the distribution block. You should see mounting clips in the engine compartment that it will snap into.
The front drivers is a Shorty that runs from the distribution block and just cross is under the frame. Both the fronts have a Horshoe Bend at the wheel side, not the distribution block side.
You should have two more shorties that have a complete loop in them. They go from the master cylinder to the distribution block.I believe the shorter one is the rear.

image.jpeg
View attachment 1714937336 Mine is obviously all apart, and I can't find the distribution block to hook it up to take a picture of it assembled. Hope this helps. These are just the front, & 2 from MC.

Last edited:
Thanks

The kit I have is not even close to what is shown. I called and sent a picture to In Line Tubing and that have not got back to me yet. So I have a SS Tube coming, it is lie your picture. The kit I have there is no way that the cross over tube, against the firewall will work, and it dose not connect to the block, the fittings are too small.

brake tubes.jpg

Are there any diagrams of the brake line routing? I bought a inline tube kit and I am confuse as to were the tubes go.
Steven, did you ever get your brake line routing solved? I have the same problem with my '69 Dart.
Greg

Steven, did you ever get your brake line routing solved? I have a '69 Dart and the same problem.
Greg

Yes I did sorry I just got on again.
The first kit I got from them, turned out to be a brake kit for a Mustang. They sent me a correct kit. It took just holding the lines up to where you think and a simple trial and error method. It was not too hard to do. Let me know if you are having trouble

I got help from Dana67Dart. The line pretty much went into place after I got it into my head that the emergency brake went somewhere else. I have a later model P. Valve, the originals had 2 I guess. My car is a swap meet special, so I do not know what is original or looks orginal. Once we figured that , I just shortened the short line and got the correct end fitting on it. I will find out in a couple of months if it's fluid tight. Here's a finished picture.
Thank you for answering!

1584221579656705549456.jpg

You substituted a late model combo valve and likely ordered the original disc/drum line kit which is why you have a union where the original separate hold valve goes as typical 67/69.

if it was an original BB setup you cannot install the heat shield with this config! No biggie unless authentic is the plan.

Correct if matters would look as such.

C135C675-D3B1-48B6-94CA-301432352847.jpeg

605A346A-06BD-475F-9DA9-F01895A7E97B.jpeg

Thank you all for answering, good pictures. I have the information that I needed.

-
Back