1969 Dart Sripe

-

ir3333

Reaction score
I have had many people approach me and tell me my Dart would look better with the tail stripe.
What's your preference, Stripe or no stripe?

Personally, I think the bumblebee stripes are beginning to be way overdone- they're showing up on Plymouths and trucks and wagons and all kinds of places where they don't belong. If it's a GTS or a 340 Swinger, then by all means go for it. But on a standard Dart or non-340 Swinger, I think the "clean" look is just as, if not more appealing.

Put one on if you want to be a member of the scat pack.

I like the BB stripes as most people do, but I'm not one to add one when there was not one.
My stripe delete GTS and that is the way it will stay...

P1040495.JPG

I like the BB stripes as most people do, but I'm not one to add one when there was not one.
My stripe delete GTS and that is the way it will stay...

View attachment 1715760873
And it looks great with the factory GTS badges on the fenders! Adding a stripe would make it look strange with both, so if a car has badges on the fenders no matter what model then the stripe looks strange. If there are no badges or side trim, then by all means stripe away, but paint the marker light bezels the same color as the stripe...

I am a big fan of the stripe. I think your yellow car would look great with a stripe. Here is my stripe delete GTS, with front fender badges removed.
If someone wanted to put it back to factory, they could peel the stripe off, paint the marker lights and install the fender badges.
20210428_145733.jpg

Last edited:
i ordered one.I have a pearl interior and ordered a black matt stripe so i guess that's not quite correct but I'll put it on for awhile and take it back off if i don't like it.Shouldn't matter, the car started as a 273 dart custom so it's not factory no matter how you look at it.

I had an original '69 Swinger 340 that I purchased used in Nov. '69. I loved the look of the R4 Red with a white stripe. Unfortunately, I got stupid and sold the car during a minor family financial issue in the early '90s.
I'm now building my 'replacement' '69 Dart to mimic the look. My current Dart started life as a '270' so no qualms about building it just the way I want it. It's Viper Red and I had FABO member "Challenger Gary" do a custom stripe paint mask - stock stripe look but customer lettering. The white stripe jumps off of the Viper Red.

-
Back