1969 Dart Swinger Interior options

-

Swinger69Glock

Reaction score
I'm 65 years old and saw a few Dart Swingers in my day when they first became available and a few more over time. However, was there a factory option, for the 1969 Dart Swinger, to select bucket seats and a floor console for an automatic transmission? I have seen many of these cars with bench seats - auto on the column or 4 speed manual transmission on the floor. I saw one with a 4 gear manual and buckets which look like it was from a GT. I need to know if a person could request the the automatic console option directly from the factory (as a fact) or did this get changed out. Does anyone have a link to Factory interior options for the 1969 Dart / 1969 Dart Swinger?

VIN matches 1969 Dart Swinger 340.jpg

Never say never, but I doubt it. I have never seen one with those options.

Just checked my literature, console was not an option for swingers.

Seats in the OP appear to have recline handles as well.

Options for 69 swinger were interior light group. Carpeting if you had an automatic transmission, 4 speed came standard with carpeting. I believe you could option steering wheels. Other options were rear window defogger, tinted windows and dealer installed air conditioning. Am/fm radio was also an option as well as shoulder belts.

As far as seats are concerned all 340 swinger came equipped with bench seat only. Did some slip threw with bucket seats? Maybe but I've never seen one. Haven't seen Bigfoot or a ghost either but that doesn't mean they don't exist. All four speed equipped 340 swinger's came with black carpet regardless of interior color. The only interior colors to my knowledge were, black, blue, tan in a 340 swinger. This I believe was to keep the cost down. The GTS on the other hand was available with many more options and was a more upscale model with a higher sticker price.

There is a lot that is not original 69 Dart in that photo. 68 steering wheel, 68 and earlier console lid, door panels.

There is a lot that is not original 69 Dart in that photo. 68 steering wheel, 68 and earlier console lid, door panels.
I agree . Looks like a bit of a Frankenstein. I did a lot of the same things back in the day. Trashed my bench seat in favor of high back buckets, diamond tuff door panels, fuzzy dice, etc. And of course the headers, air shocks, cams the list goes on and on. Can still hear my father saying "you kids are ruining a perfectly good car". And of course we would think those old dudes know nuttin. If only I knew then what I know now.

Thanks very much for all your help guys. I am in uncharted territory here and this information is very very useful.

Ron

-
Back