1969 dart

-
Don't get me wrong here, I like the dart. But at 19k the wife isn't going to like the idea of the interior being different colors and the headliner being loose. If I could get it for a couple of grand less I'm sure that it would be easier for the wife. I always say, happy wife happy life.
I got as far a post # 9 and I have to add my 2 cents worth. Go look at make an offer reflecting YOUR opinion as to value and figure in the costs to fix any blem YOUR wife can't live with! And we have all tol your before those classic car selling houses will negotiate as to the low $ the seller will take with THEM getting their friggin commission.

If prices of NICE 68-70 RR or Chargrs, E bodies, etc are silly high, lets fact, they will drag up the prices of lesser cars IF the market will support those prices. Nothing will bring up the pric of my 62 Lancer very much!! :poke:

See a car on FB Market you might be interested in? Go look and take cash. OR put it in the "thinking" spot and after some time, see if it sold. IF not, it is priced over market for what it is where it is.

I make these comments as perhaps being of value to someone.:BangHead:

:lol::thumbsup:

I
HEY DAN. this will end it all. get the key to the "SOCK DRAWER AND THE UNDERWEAR DRAWER, EMPTY IT IN A PLASTIC BAG" and meet me at Fast Lane in St Chas at 11 am today. i have to be over there anyway and the owner is a personal friend of mine. WE WILL GET THIS PROBLEM LINED OUT TODAY. if you are short on money, he has financing avail. i will meet you at the waffle house at 11.
I didn't see this till almost noon. I couldn't have gone anyway as I have a bad head cold, but I thank you for the offer. Last I looked they didn't have any A bodies there. The duster is under a contract.

I got as far a post # 9 and I have to add my 2 cents worth. Go look at make an offer reflecting YOUR opinion as to value and figure in the costs to fix any blem YOUR wife can't live with! And we have all tol your before those classic car selling houses will negotiate as to the low $ the seller will take with THEM getting their friggin commission.

If prices of NICE 68-70 RR or Chargrs, E bodies, etc are silly high, lets fact, they will drag up the prices of lesser cars IF the market will support those prices. Nothing will bring up the pric of my 62 Lancer very much!! :poke:

See a car on FB Market you might be interested in? Go look and take cash. OR put it in the "thinking" spot and after some time, see if it sold. IF not, it is priced over market for what it is where it is.

I make these comments as perhaps being of value to someone.:BangHead:

:lol::thumbsup:
What car did you see on FB?

I will add this. Only bring up for sale adds by individuals that appear to be perfect and in your price range. Look over the pics good. What can you tell by the average pic? Little. Ask for his cell and talk and ask the seller what will it need to be perfect as he is asking what you consider the price of a perfect car.
THere are two kinds of restos. The pro job that consome paid $50,000 for on a car that will never be worth that even at BJ in Jan....... or the job done by the hobbiest, which can be PERFECT or a POS! It is your job the buyer to find out which is which!!

What car did you see on FB?
I don't keep records of done cars as I HAVE NO DESIRE TO BUY ONE.
LOt of peeps hate FB but there are many good groups on there, as in A body groups that have some nice cars. Spend time to figure out the guys that are real, honest and have and know people with good cars for sale that could be bought. YOU will have to drive past your county line.

I don't keep records of done cars as I HAVE NO DESIRE TO BUY ONE.
LOt of peeps hate FB but there are many good groups on there, as in A body groups that have some nice cars. Spend time to figure out the guys that are real, honest and have and know people with good cars for sale that could be bought. YOU will have to drive past your county line.
I figured at least a hour or so

This is actually solid advice. my daily is a 2011 335D- inline six /Twin Turbo diesel 425 ft/lbs- (stock) You can pick one up for $10K/
A couple mods and they are untouchable.

Anyway back to reading this thread. good stuff so far.

The art of buying a 1969 Dart from an INDIVIDUAL. NOT the classic car store down the road. It starts at home.
1. You learn of a car for sale, and get the sellers number. Call and get a feel for the guy. Will he be honest and answer your questions with detailed answers or be totally vague. Skip the vague guys.
2. Ask if he is a "car guy" and Mopar guy in general. How long? how many cars has he owned. Has he ever restored an old Mopar, what and to what extent? Nut and bolt? Cosmetic. to oem or custom. YOU are interviewing him for the job of selling YOU a car. If he want play, find another guy.
3. Who did the work on this car? The seller did what or he paid what to be done. Did his HS son build the engine and it was his first attempt? Did his cousin Bubba do the interior made with parts out of CrackerJack box? You get the idea. Does he tell you he paid it all done, spent $90,000 on the resto but lost the rceipts. He is rich and will gladly take the loss?
4. Ask what it needs to be perfect? The price reflects a car that should be pretty darn perfect? Receipts????? PICS of the build???? Details. His add has NO details!! Ask him if he would send pics showing any area not perfect.
5. If you want to go see the car, discuss when and IF you decide to make the trip, that he will hold the car till you arrive. I still say, there are more Mopars for sale at any price range, than there are buyers. BUT I have never lived in New England or the Left Coast! or the city.
6. If you are not serious and ready to pull the trigger, don't waste people's time. Word will get around.

The art of buying a 1969 Dart from an INDIVIDUAL. NOT the classic car store down the road. It starts at home.
1. You learn of a car for sale, and get the sellers number. Call and get a feel for the guy. Will he be honest and answer your questions with detailed answers or be totally vague. Skip the vague guys.
2. Ask if he is a "car guy" and Mopar guy in general. How long? how many cars has he owned. Has he ever restored an old Mopar, what and to what extent? Nut and bolt? Cosmetic. to oem or custom. YOU are interviewing him for the job of selling YOU a car. If he want play, find another guy.
3. Who did the work on this car? The seller did what or he paid what to be done. Did his HS son build the engine and it was his first attempt? Did his cousin Bubba do the interior made with parts out of CrackerJack box? You get the idea. Does he tell you he paid it all done, spent $90,000 on the resto but lost the rceipts. He is rich and will gladly take the loss?
4. Ask what it needs to be perfect? The price reflects a car that should be pretty darn perfect? Receipts????? PICS of the build???? Details. His add has NO details!! Ask him if he would send pics showing any area not perfect.
5. If you want to go see the car, discuss when and IF you decide to make the trip, that he will hold the car till you arrive. I still say, there are more Mopars for sale at any price range, than there are buyers. BUT I have never lived in New England or the Left Coast! or the city.
6. If you are not serious and ready to pull the trigger, don't waste people's time. Word will get around.
I'm checking out cars for sale by owner. I'm making it my goal to have a car before springtime. I've learned more what to look for and ask about on a car from the car guys on here and a friend of mine who had a restoration shop for years.

post up some pics, detailed descriptions or a link and I'm sure anybody here would be more than happy to help you out. the more info available, the better the responses will be.

also, this is in your back yard 1967 Dart GT - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

here's two comps dan
1967 Dodge Dart - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale
1969 Dodge Dart - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

at face value that 67 in Vegas is head and shoulders above the one closer to you for the same price.

the 69 is cheaper, but rougher. given it's been up a month or probably more and its condition the seller would probably be willing to negotiate a little.

I think that 67 is about rate and the 69 is a little overpriced. that 69 by you I think is overpriced given what I can see in the pictures.

a consideration you also need to understand is that car is being offered by a dealer so expectation is that the price is already inflated AND that there will be less wiggle room on price. however, cold calling and offering less money is a cheese-dick move so a brush off is almost an expectation.

no matter what a car WILL have to be seen in person and whether that is YOU or a consigliere that you deign in your stead, know going into this that has to happen.

I don't like enough of any of those three to walk across the street to make an offer. The '69 is way overpriced and there's enough to not like about the two '67s to pass.

Here is another for OP to pick apart, yes the exhaust hangers look like garbage and appears to have the wrong seats 1969 Dodge Dart
Now, that's more like it. Not fond of cowl hoods, but that wouldn't stop me. '67 buckets with low quality upholstery can be fixed later or never. I would go look at this one.

I don't know what this headliner thing you guys keep talking about is, though...

1968 GTS at Silvas Madera 05.jpg

Cuda 1985 1032 x 580.jpg

I figured at least a hour or so
then prepare yourself to be disappointed, overpay or probably never find anything that meets your criteria.

if you're not prepared to expand your search to at least 500mi from the center of your universe then you're severely limiting the inventory available to you.

basically you're setting yourself up for failure. so at least now we can expect your excuses come spring time with the whole "there's no good cars around".

don't forget our bet my dude

here's two comps dan
1967 Dodge Dart - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale
1969 Dodge Dart - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

at face value that 67 in Vegas is head and shoulders above the one closer to you for the same price.

the 69 is cheaper, but rougher. given it's been up a month or probably more and its condition the seller would probably be willing to negotiate a little.

I think that 67 is about rate and the 69 is a little overpriced. that 69 by you I think is overpriced given what I can see in the pictures.

a consideration you also need to understand is that car is being offered by a dealer so expectation is that the price is already inflated AND that there will be less wiggle room on price. however, cold calling and offering less money is a cheese-dick move so a brush off is almost an expectation.

no matter what a car WILL have to be seen in person and whether that is YOU or a consigliere that you deign in your stead, know going into this that has to happen.
That 67 looks pretty damn sweet.

-
Back