-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treblig

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Contact seller
Well it's finally time.....I don't like doing it but I have to. From S. Texas .....I'm selling my '69 Fastback Barracuda. It's has had many, many upgrades, mods, improvements and I know I'll never get all my money back for everything I've done to this car. I will try and list everything that's been done to this survivor originally from Arizona:
-- Upgrade to power front disk brakes (73/74 Charger spindles large bolt pattern) with everything (bearing, seals, calipers, lines, ball joints, etc) new.
-- 340 driver's exhaust manifold and 360 magnum passenger's exhaust manifold
-- dual exhaust 2 1/4" pipe
-- head light relays
-- original 2 barrel converted to 4 barrel with Edelbrock intake
-- original paint (as far as I know) in very,very, nice condition
-- re-upholstered with original upholstery which I modified, as you can see, with yellow inserts and embroidered head rests (front and rear)
-- Custom made rear head rest incorporated into the rear seat which includes shoulder harness seat belts (for the kids safety) and a 500 watt stereo system (amps and speakers).
-- replaced original front seat belts with yellow aftermarket belts to match seat/body color.
-- custom made arm rest which allows the use of the console door.
-- Factory A/C
-- Factory P/S
-- Tri City Bumpers (front and rear) undercoated on the back side (very, very nice)
-- front anti-sway bar
-- rear anti-sway bar
-- 200R4 very low mileage HD transmission (completely overhauled)
-- Factory console auto shifter modified to use all 4 forward gears.
-- Tach installed on dash
-- Stereo installed under dash
-- extra gauges installed under A/C (just to make sure)
-- Trans temp gauge
-- Custom made speaker boxes installed under dash and on either side of rear seat (upholstered).
-- Custom made Chevy 10 bolt rear end with 4.54 gears, Eaton Posi and 12 bolt axles (30 spline axles)
-- Although the underside of the body was rust free I undercoated the original rust free metal to make sure it would last forever.
-- No body damage, dents or collisions.
-- No rust anywhere ever!!
-- Replaced front turn signal assemblies
-- I have a pair of real nice door handles although the original ones are still pretty nice.
-- I have replacement (original) side mirrors in extremely nice condition.
-- I removed the front and rear windshield stainless (which could be replaced) to keep corrosion from forming in the glass channels. Front and rear glass seals have been replaced with new ones.
-- Low mileage mostly original 318 (59K miles) with newer swirl port 302 casting heads (completely re-done). So you get hardened seats to burn the modern fuel and better flow.
-- humongous rear tires with super low mileage
-- electric driver's seat that could easily be converted back to original manual seat.
-- 295/60R/15 back tires on 1960’s slotted 12 X 15 slotted rims
-- I'm sure I missed a few items but I'll update the list as I remember.

The car runs real nice and cruises real good on the highway (2400/2500 RPM at 60 MPH) because of the overdrive transmission. The Barracuda is in really nice condition (not show quality) but really nice. No rust anywhere, no damage anywhere. Just start the engine and drive!! Serious inquires only as it will probably have to be shipped, I paid $1200.00 just to get it down here to S. Texas (years ago) but it was worth it because it was so nice and original!
DSC07624.JPG
DSC07625.JPG
DSC07626.JPG
DSC07627.JPG
DSC07628.JPG
DSC07630.JPG
DSC07636.JPG
DSC07639.JPG
DSC07639.JPG
DSC07640.JPG
DSC07641.JPG

More pics on request....I have it for sale locally and have some interested buyers so if it gets sold locally please be understanding!! I'm selling this really, really nice survivor for $17,000 plus shipping....with all the upgrades and the fact that it's original low mileage you're not going to find a car with similar upgrades, low mileage, mods/upgrades and excellent condition anywhere??? You don't find a car like this, in this condition, very often and if you had to do all these upgrades/modifications yourself you would spend a fortune!!

The only minor minuses on this car are: left signal bulb (in the bash) needs replaced, the signals all work correctly but the left bulb is burned out. The A/C works fine but the vacuum assy (in the dash) makes the A/C stay on all the time so I currently have the A/C disabled (took wire off the compressor). I have a new old stock replacement vacuum assy (goes behind the A/C switches on the dash, just haven't had time to replace it.

Thanks,
Treblig

Last edited:
Thanks for all the thumbs up!! BUMP , sill for sale locally as well!!
This car is clean and straight, never been in a fender bender, no rust anywhere!!!! Thousands of dollars in upgrades and labor.
treblig

BUMP for the beautiful Barracuda.................reasonable offers also accepted as long as they are reasonable.

Back to the top..I have one local buyer who is very interested (wants a test drive) ..but the car is not sold yet...thanks

Back To The Top......BEAUTIFUL '69 Fastback Barracuda!!! Great daily driver!! Turns heads everywhere you drive.

treblig

I know I'm going to regret it for the rest of my life. This replaced the one I had back in '73 but this one is immaculate and rust free. But the kids are in college and my hands don't work as good as they used to so I have few choices.. thanks, treblig

The "Yella Barracuda" likes to be at the top of the list on Sunday morning!!

Treblig

I know that you can buy a regular Barracuda cheaper but you'd have to spend about $24K to get one to look like this and to have all these upgrades. So you can but one cheaper then spend hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars cutting out the rust and replacing panels, painting, buying and installing an overdrive transmission, heavy duty rear end, nice exhaust system, stereo system, custom interior, on and on...........or just buy this one that is totally rust free, all original panels, no dents or damage ever, new chrome bumpers. But it's your choice!!!

Thanks For Looking:thumbsup:
Treblig

Got any engine pics?
Thoses fat meat rear tire don't touch anything? lets say going over a parking bump?
The tires have ample clearance no matter how big a bump you might hit. They would never be able to hit any part of the car. I can post pics later today although the engine looks pretty stock except for the 4 barrel carb, electronic ignition, after market valve covers and Edelbrock intake. I already listed that it has newly overhauled 302 casting heads, with heat treated exhaust valve seats for the unleaded gas and 340/360 manifolds. There was nothing wrong with the original heads (still have them) but I wanted better exhaust flow so I went with the 302 castings and 340 driver/360 passenger manifolds. Engine runs smooth and cruises real nice on the highway. Very low mileage on all the tires. This is an original low mileage car, the speedo (in the car) shows 59,999 right now but it's actually has 70K original miles on the car because the original speedo needle was bouncing at low speeds so I replaced it with a freshly refurbished (Redline Guage Works, Tennessee) Barracuda speedo. The speedo that's in the car now has lower mileage but only by 10k miles. I still have the original factory speedo with the original mileage (70k) if you want pics.
Current inspection and tags.
Engine pics later today when there's more light.

thanks , Treblig

Last edited:
Barracuda still for sale, I have one guy here in town doing his best to scrape together the money. Haven't advertised locally but will soon begin.........

Treblig

SEXY '69 FASTBACK BARRACUDA>>>many.many upgrades and no rust ever, super straight body!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back