-
Status
Not open for further replies.

69CudaS

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Clean, early build date, 2nd gen Barracuda. Incredibly original, unmolested example. 100% numbers matching. 43,869 original miles. Two-owner car with original paint & complete, original interior. The original Carter AVS, exhaust manifolds, wheels, hubcaps & badging are all still with the car. It's all here.

Built on 8/27/68 at Hamtramck. T5 Bronze Fire Metallic, white standard split bench/armrest interior, dealer AC, AM/FM Radio, 3 speed wipers, hood-mounted turn signal indicators, 275 HP 340, 727 Torqueflite & 8 ¾ w/3.23:1 gears. Power drum brakes, power steering & front sway bar.

While the car is in exceptionally original & complete condition, it has sat for many years & needs some TLC. The motor doesn't make compression; it has the typical, albeit light, Mopar rust issues (lower quarters, trunk extensions, rear valance... body is otherwise very, very solid); soft parts are brittle with age… in short, the car needs to be restored. However, there is NOTHING missing from this car that I can tell, except one exhaust tip. You will have every original part for this car as a reference for your restoration. If you love 2nd gen fishes as much as I do, and you've been scouting for one to restore, there's probably not many better candidates in the country.

I've had the car since 2008. I'm selling because I just haven't had time to do the project & believe the car should be in the hands of someone that will respect, appreciate & enjoy it. I have many pictures available & am happy to answer any questions you have. I have a clean CA title in hand. I have known the previous owner for 30+ years. The car was in his family since it was purchased new in May of '69. It is now located in Steeleville, IL, approximately 50 miles southeast of St. Louis. DM for contact info. $18,000 or serious offer. Cash/bank transfer ONLY. No trades.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my ad. :thumbsup:

IMG_2534.JPG

IMG_2355.JPG

IMG_2375.JPG

IMG_2381.JPG

IMG_2409.JPG

IMG_2445.JPG

IMG_2430.JPG

IMG_2432.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2322.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking Barracuda. Could you please post some pictures of the areas you mentioned "(lower quarters, trunk extensions, rear valance..." Thanks

Great looking Barracuda. Could you please post some pictures of the areas you mentioned "(lower quarters, trunk extensions, rear valance..." Thanks

Thanks! Here are photos of the quarters & ends of the valance panel where the corrosion is and trunk floor extensions. This is the only area of the car that I can tell, without pulling the car apart & removing paint, that needs rust repair. The rest of the car appears rock solid. I also included the back side of the valance and bottom of trunk floor so you can see that the corrosion is limited to the areas of the lower quarter panels/valance panel.

Let me know if you'd like to see any additional photos. Thanks.

IMG_2454.JPG

IMG_2455.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG

IMG_2458.JPG

IMG_2462.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

IMG_2465.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

Car looks legit to me. I notice it has the optional rocker molding not many '69s had those. Very hard to find an original paint car like that. That rust is very minor could be easily cut out and repaired. Body looks real straight with the hard to find grills and tail panel trim in good shape. Good luck with the sale.

Car looks legit to me. I notice it has the optional rocker molding not many '69s had those. Very hard to find an original paint car like that. That rust is very minor could be easily cut out and repaired. Body looks real straight with the hard to find grills and tail panel trim in good shape. Good luck with the sale.

Thank you!

Thank you, everyone, for your interest in my car & your hospitality. It has gone to a good home. The Mopar community never lets me down. You are all top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back