Low Rumble

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1969 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible For Sale
Located in Los Angeles, CA
Price: $17,000 OBO. Make an offer.

This is a 69 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible (only 750 made). The vehicle is black with chrome finishing. The engine is a 360 small block out of a '72 dodge truck that has been bored out to almost 400. This is a built engine with performance cam and rocker rollers. This muscle car is a green car because it is a dual fuel vehicle. It runs on either Propane or Gasoline. Propane is much cleaner on the environment, higher octane and significantly cheaper! I fill up for $1.90 per gallon on propane. I generally only run gasoline when the propane runs out and I'm not convenient to a propane filling station. The driver can easily switch fuel source while driving on the freeway. The convertible top is hydraulic and is controlled by an electric switch. Disk brakes on the front and Drum in the back. The 'Cuda has MOPAR automatic transmission with overdrive.

See below for additional performance enhancements:
• New High Output Alternator
• New High Efficiency Radiator from "US Radiator".
• Rebuilt Saginaw power steering pump and Chrysler power steering box from "Lee's Power Steering" (Lee's shop used to do the power steering for NASCAR).
• Tuned propane system from "Mutual Propane".
• Performance headers
• iPod/iPhone/mp3 player driven stereo system (includes 1 subwoofer, 2 tweeters, and 3 full range speakers powered off of 2 amps). Installation of this stereo system was careful to not modify the car in ANY way.
• New Rear axle and wheels installed by "Autocraft of Torrance"
• Top from "Thompson Tops"
• Mopar Performance cast valve covers
• BlueMax performance spark plug wires
• MSD digital eCurve distributor
• Holley 4 bl carb
• Edelbrock intake manifold
• Mega sway bar on front suspension
• New Engine mounts on right and left side
• New front suspension bushings

I don't drive excessively, but with routine maintenance this car has been reliable enough to be my only car and a daily driver!
Price $17k obo.

Jonathan
View attachment IMG_0379.jpg

View attachment IMG_0402.jpg

View attachment IMG_0405.jpg

View attachment IMG_0411.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0422.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 3,373
  • IMG_0418.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 3,340
  • IMG_0420.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 3,333
  • IMG_0410.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 3,319
  • IMG_0416.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 3,369
Hi Oklacarcollecto, I have added additional pictures as requested, including 2 engine pics. Note that since these pictues were taken, I have installed a new high-output alternator and new battery.

Good luck with the sale. Going by the numbers, this car was probably the last convertible built for '69. Factory black car, awesome.

while i think it is a awesomely clean car, the back wheels kill it!. glws

This is a 69 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible (only 750 made).

Wow, is that true? Maybe I should have keep my 69 formula S convert, I never realized there were that few made. Nice car, good luck with the sale!

This is a 69 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible (only 750 made).

Wow, is that true? Maybe I should have keep my 69 formula S convert, I never realized there were that few made. Nice car, good luck with the sale!

There was 1,442 convertibles made according to the sources I have found. That still isn't very many. There was only a total of 31,987 1969 Barracudas made and that was down from 46,018 in 1968 and 62,534 in 1967. They were loosing about 25% a year.

http://www.plymouthbarracuda.net/information/1969-barracuda-production.shtml

A 360 bored out to almost 400 that must be a siameses block?? Funny about the production numbers, the '67 '68 convertibles seem to pop up a lot but doesn't seem to be too many '69 convertibles around....

A 360 bored out to almost 400 that must be a siameses block?? Funny about the production numbers, the '67 '68 convertibles seem to pop up a lot but doesn't seem to be too many '69 convertibles around....

There was
4,228 convertibles in 1967
2,840 convertibles in 1968
1,442 convertibles in 1969

With only 1/3 of the convertibles made in 1969 as compared to 1967 and only 1/2 of the convertibles made in 1969 as compared to 1968 I would expect to see fewer 1969s.
The number of 1967 and 1968 convertibles combined would be almost 5 to 1 when compared to 1969.

How many of those convertibles would be factory black as well??

That is something that is unknown as of today but you never know when additional information could surface.

The car on here is a nice car. the only draw back is that it is a non-A/C car with the triple black. I would like to know how many factory A/C convertibles there are. My 68 convertible is a factory AC car.

True? I thought that if it was a /6 then that automatically eliminated the AC option.

The 1967 Book hasn't been found so I can't access that information.

1968 A/C was available on all body stlyes unless they had the optional 383.

68_Barracuda0020.jpg

If the 1969 had the /6 had the trailer towing option or the 383 option A/C wasn't available on any model. /6 w/o trailer towing option should have been available.

69_Barracuda0021.jpg

I had a '69 Barracuda 'vert that was originally a /6 that had a/c. According to Galen's white book, there were only 40 /6 'verts in '69. I would guess only a fraction of that number had a/c.
I also had a '68 'vert with a/c, but it came with a 318.
Dallas

My sources say that there were 1475 total of which only 200 were /6. Doesn't say how many were 318, 340 or 383. The M code Cuda wasn't optioned as a convertible.

I had a '69 Barracuda 'vert that was originally a /6 that had a/c. According to Galen's white book, there were only 40 /6 'verts in '69. I would guess only a fraction of that number had a/c.
I also had a '68 'vert with a/c, but it came with a 318.
Dallas

That is something that is unknown as of today but you never know when additional information could surface.

The car on here is a nice car. the only draw back is that it is a non-A/C car with the triple black. I would like to know how many factory A/C convertibles there are. My 68 convertible is a factory AC car.
H 51 ???? factory a/c ????

My sources say that there were 1475 total of which only 200 were /6. Doesn't say how many were 318, 340 or 383. The M code Cuda wasn't optioned as a convertible.

You are correct. I posted at almost 5 am and had a brain fart. :eek:ops: My car was a /6, 3 speed on the column, which supposedly made it one of 40.
Were any of the ('67-'69) 3 speed cars floor shift? I don't recall any.
Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back