[WANTED] 1969 Plymouth Cuda Rocker Molding

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need the 1969 Cuda fastback rocker molding set. Can you point me in the right direction?
Hi Bill. My name is Larry and I live in the Detroit area. A long way from the left coast. I have a 68' Barracuda Formula-S that I'm turning into a Hemi Cuda clone. I think I still have those moldings. I'd have to check. I looked through the Classic Industires catalogfor you also. Couldn't find anything listed. I have no idea what something like that would cost plus the shipping costs from such a long distance (48135). Let me know if you're interested. Thanks

69 is diff than 68. I have a 69 missing the moldings. I bought a 69 parts car from California for 1200 and another 1200 for shipping to NY to get those moldings. 72 valiant moldings are the same exact molding but they're too long. I'm sure someone who repairs trim could shorten them. I have the valiant molding and could take pics and measurements and compare to my 69 moldings if you like.

Im definitely interested in seeing pics. I remember hearing they were similar.
Pics will help my memory lol
69 is diff than 68. I have a 69 missing the moldings. I bought a 69 parts car from California for 1200 and another 1200 for shipping to NY to get those moldings. 72 valiant moldings are the same exact molding but they're too long. I'm sure someone who repairs trim could shorten them. I have the valiant molding and could take pics and measurements and compare to my 69 moldings if you like.

I'm also told the 70-72 Duster is the same but longer. If you could measure your $2,400 moldings (couldn't' help my self) Vs the Valiant, that would be great!

Hi Bill. My name is Larry and I live in the Detroit area. A long way from the left coast. I have a 68' Barracuda Formula-S that I'm turning into a Hemi Cuda clone. I think I still have those moldings. I'd have to check. I looked through the Classic Industires catalogfor you also. Couldn't find anything listed. I have no idea what something like that would cost plus the shipping costs from such a long distance (48135). Let me know if you're interested. Thanks

Hi Larry,

Appreciate your efforts! I don't want to trouble you, but have no Idea what the correct width and length is supposed to be.

I did find someone in Seattle area, who was selling a set of rocker moldings for a 69-70 Barracuda??? But they were very narrow looking with a tapered nose on the front. Not the right ones for sure.

My car was complete, but the guy I had doing the body work, didn't want to put the car back together. I took it all home, at least what he said was all mine, and now he died! Lot's of stuff missing.

Bill

Haha, I have a 69 340 S convert that's rusty and was missing one molding. I took the other molding off and handed it to Metro to use to make a mold and repro them. Two weeks later they said they lost it. Pretty sure they sold it. Soo I bought a rust free 340 S fastback that is hit in right rear. For the moldings, sheet metal, parts. No motor or trans. I will not be home till Sunday to get pics. I will get back to you.

Haha, I have a 69 340 S convert that's rusty and was missing one molding. I took the other molding off and handed it to Metro to use to make a mold and repro them. Two weeks later they said they lost it. Pretty sure they sold it. Soo I bought a rust free 340 S fastback that is hit in right rear. For the moldings, sheet metal, parts. No motor or trans. I will not be home till Sunday to get pics. I will get back to you.

Oh man I didn't see your last post. Too bad about that guy, at least you got your car back

I need the 1969 Cuda fastback rocker molding set. Can you point me in the right direction?
Hi Bill. I'm Larry Roman. I have another person interested in my rocker moldings. I pulled them out and sent him pictures. I'm sending them to you also. Hi made me an offer but I wasn't really thrilled with it. Classic Industries sells repops. You can check them out if you wish. Look at Part nos. MN14331 and MA2092. They're the only ones listed for A bodies. Mine are 70'' long and 1 1/16 wide. Classic doesn't even list measurements...just model years. Let me know if you're interested. I had to use an old camera. Sorry about the poor photo quality. No dents or dings. Good pieces.
Cuda dr moldings 1.JPG
Cuda dr moldings.JPG
moldings 1.JPG
021.JPG
022.JPG

The 67, 68, 69 Barracuda rocker moldings, like so many other parts of these cars, are this 1 car and that 1 year model only. Far as I can tell, the 68 Barracuda rocker trim, commonly known as gills and spears, were the most produced. That doesn't mean they are the least valuable.
Good hunting

Hi Bill. I'm Larry Roman. I have another person interested in my rocker moldings. I pulled them out and sent him pictures. I'm sending them to you also. Hi made me an offer but I wasn't really thrilled with it. Classic Industries sells repops. You can check them out if you wish. Look at Part nos. MN14331 and MA2092. They're the only ones listed for A bodies. Mine are 70'' long and 1 1/16 wide. Classic doesn't even list measurements...just model years. Let me know if you're interested. I had to use an old camera. Sorry about the poor photo quality. No dents or dings. Good pieces.View attachment 1714956279 View attachment 1714956280 View attachment 1714956281 View attachment 1714956282 View attachment 1714956283
Larry,

Thank you so much for taking all the time for the photo's! Good stuff. To tell you the truth, I"m a bit spooked with what I think I remember about the rocker moldings. I "swear" they were at least 2" inches wide, if not 2-1/2" . At the moment, I"m not ready to pull the "buy" trigger, so if you want to sell them, give him a counter offer! :)
Bill
Look at Jims post 522 of his resto build. He used the repop duster piece and could probably give you some info on how to do it yourself
SRT8CUDA Build

Will do! Thank you.

Larry,

Thank you so much for taking all the time for the photo's! Good stuff. To tell you the truth, I"m a bit spooked with what I think I remember about the rocker moldings. I "swear" they were at least 2" inches wide, if not 2-1/2" . At the moment, I"m not ready to pull the "buy" trigger, so if you want to sell them, give him a counter offer! :)

Will do! Thank you.
Thanks for your reply Bill. I have a party that was interested from the get go. We've struck a deal I can live with. I've found an old 3'' tube that I got with a Cabela's fishing rod. Packing it up today. I hope you find what you're looking for. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back