1969 Plymouth Satellite

-

Bruce Fischer

Reaction score
Hi New to this board. Thanks for accepting me. I just got a rust free 1969 Plymouth Satellite that came out of Ga. the former owner was redoing a lot on the car. It has the 318 motor cam,{he had just replaced}high rise manifold 4 barrel carb, and I put on headers and dual exhausts with cherry bomb mufflers.{it has no exhaust system} Questions is I got it home and got her road worthy again. The motor was quite but now the lifters are chattering, she still runs like a scaled dog but I am not sure if the former owner replace the cam and use the old lifters? Any ideas what to do or look for.Thanks Bruce.
005.JPG

Any idea what kind of cam? Change oil and drag a magnet through your oil pan. Cut your filter open to see how much metal is inside of it. Let us know what you find. Use a high zinc (ZDDP) oil specific for flat tappet cam on refill, Amsoil, Brad Penn, Lucas, Valvoline VR-1, etc.

Hi New to this board. Thanks for accepting me. I just got a rust free 1969 Plymouth Satellite that came out of Ga. the former owner was redoing a lot on the car. It has the 318 motor cam,{he had just replaced}high rise manifold 4 barrel carb, and I put on headers and dual exhausts with cherry bomb mufflers.{it has no exhaust system} Questions is I got it home and got her road worthy again. The motor was quite but now the lifters are chattering, she still runs like a scaled dog but I am not sure if the former owner replace the cam and use the old lifters? Any ideas what to do or look for.Thanks Bruce.View attachment 1715453366

First thing I would be doing is not running it any more 'till you put a oil pressure gauge on it!

Hi New to this board. Thanks for accepting me. I just got a rust free 1969 Plymouth Satellite that came out of Ga. the former owner was redoing a lot on the car. It has the 318 motor cam,{he had just replaced}high rise manifold 4 barrel carb, and I put on headers and dual exhausts with cherry bomb mufflers.{it has no exhaust system} Questions is I got it home and got her road worthy again. The motor was quite but now the lifters are chattering, she still runs like a scaled dog but I am not sure if the former owner replace the cam and use the old lifters? Any ideas what to do or look for.Thanks Bruce.View attachment 1715453366
I hate to tell ya partner but you bought yourself a Plymouth B Body car.
This happens to a A Body forum that you joined.
You may want to reference the B Body forum.
I have owned several different B Body cars they cruz nice.
Good luck

I hate to tell ya partner but you bought yourself a Plymouth B Body car.
This happens to a A Body forum that you joined.

No reason to hate anything. 318s regardless of the body type they are in share the same characteristics. ;-)

I’m a B body guy. Most people are not snobs on forbbodiesonly. Just the same way as there is/isn’t snobs on here.

LOL here's the breakdown of Mopar owners at Carlisle.

A guys hang out, look for the cheapest parts possible, drink beer, sleep in their cars and have a great time
B guys hang out, drink your beer and leave to the campgrounds/hotel
C guys walk around usually in the show fields the leave to the hotel
E guys hang out in their section and talk smack
RR guys hang out in the overlooking catered sweet and talk smack

Remember there are exceptions to every rule.

JMO!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Still have to love all Mopar people!

Point of order.
Rani did not use the word "snob".
That's a loaded term.
Neither did she use the words "elitist", "arrogant" or "egotistical".
(Search it).
She predicted some expected behavior based on her experience.
Now, don't go to forbodies and use the wrong word with the "club"
A word she did use.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6HFN6y-IjPF9UqFVFS5-izrQftLYOn7F7ONAbzUIWhLcOpd9b&s.jpg

Disclaimer: This post triple checked for punctuation and grammar.
Any arrows shall be blamed on spellcheck.
(Or my secretary.)

It's a very civil place.
But that's a new word.

"We have become too civilized to grasp the obvious. For the truth is very simple"

Cool ride and welcome. There are many members that co habitat both forums, me included. There is basically more activity here on FABO but many good people on both sites. Maybe a few more crazies here!!!! lol

Nice car, looks to be in amazing shape. Decades ago when our kids were small we had a '69 Satellite wagon the same color. It had the rear facing third row seat and the dual action tailgate. The kids loved to ride back there and so did we! It had a 2bbl 383 with a lot of spunk. Towed our pop-up camper on a lot of great adventures. Thanks for bringing back those great memories and welcome.......

-
Back