[WANTED] 1969 Slant 6 Mopar Performance Valve Cover.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike69barracuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
WTB for 1969 Slant 6 (225) Mopar Performance Valve Cover for a 225 Cu. In engine.

Also can someone explain the difference between a baffled and nonbaffled valve cover. I did not take mine off yet to look at the underside.

THX

The baffle is an internal shield covering the openings in the top of the cover. There are many ways to do this, but basically if you pulled the oil fill cover or PCV valve while the engine running, the baffle keeps the engine and oil pressure from spraying oil all over the place.

The baffle is an internal shield covering the openings in the top of the cover. There are many ways to do this, but basically if you pulled the oil fill cover or PCV valve while the engine running, the baffle keeps the engine and oil pressure from spraying oil all over the place.
What do u think I have in my 69 slant 6??? I didn't look yet. THX

No clue. The easy way to figure it out is pull the oil fill and PCV valve and look inside with a flashlight. If you see valves, you DO NOT have baffles.

PICS
IMG_9904.JPG
IMG_9905.JPG
IMG_9906.JPG
IMG_9907.JPG

one is a breather (bigger one) and one is a PCV grommet. V8's had them cross flowing from breather on one bank to PCV on the other, slants dont have that option. Metal port is obviously oil fill but many times that is function of the breather hole.

What's that off of??? My 69 stock cover has an oil fill and a PCV that goes in one of the grommets. What's the 2nd grommet hole for???
R U going to Carlisle next week???/ I am all days. What's the price shipped to PA (17111) If your not going to Chryslers at Carlisle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back