1969 Slickback

-
That's good to hear. I have seen it done here but never tried it. No time like the present to learn a new trick.

Well, nothing is permanent, but as far as I'm concerned, this is. I haven't done the bottom edge yet, but the top and ends are secure and in spot. I have read there is some massaging needed at the bottom edge and I can see that already. Nothing major but still a bit of work.

IMG_5672[1].JPG

IMG_5671[1].JPG

IMG_5674[1].JPG

Last edited:
Great progress, George!
Looks like you are marching right through it and it will be done in no time..........

Thanx Tom. Yes, I am going hard on this one. I don't want it to clutter up the shop for too long. I just want to get it to where somebody else can make a nice driver with all the major stuff wrapped up.

Done deal. Welded, ground, pin holes filled, ground, sanded with 80 grit, primed with self etch. Good enough for now.

IMG_5675.JPG
IMG_5676.JPG
IMG_5677.JPG
IMG_5678.JPG
IMG_5679.JPG
IMG_5680.JPG

Thank you for the compliment. But I'll rephrase it a little and say with some patience and effort I'm showing how easy it is!

That's hilarious Steve! The difference is my main goal it just to get it solid. And I have some time off to accommodate the tinkering!

Today's project........Donor of rails! I got this car from a friend. It was a parts car when he picked it up. I think I will use everything from the torsion bar forward. Meaning torsion bar cross-member, frame rails, inner fenders and rad support. This may sound like a lot of work but it actually has less drilling of spot welds than separating everything individually.

IMG_5681[1].JPG
IMG_5683[1].JPG
IMG_5684[1].JPG

Things are progressing nicely.
You wouldn’t have a pic of the rear bumper bracket to body mounting bolts would you?
That is the trouble with taking a car apart when you were 20 and didn’t think it was important to tag everything. Now that I want to mock up the rear bumper before taking the rear pan and quarters together I don’t remember what bolts and nuts were used

Thank you. I will look at my stuff. This thing came in pieces too! But the mounts are attached to the bumper I think. Do you mean the side bolts or the main ones on the back? I can look at my son's car, but it too came in pieces!

The ones in back if you find them. I think I have them in the storage drawer at work with most if the hardware off the car but it would be nice to know what they look like

Wow super nice work. And very quickly i might add. Do you plan on adding a drain hole back in that trunk extension?

Thanx Matt. Yes it will have some form of hole, just not the shaped one like factory. Probably a smaller body plug size.

Damn id sandblast it, etch prime it and swap the whole clip.

BTW, when i hang new quarters on mine i plan on redoing the rear quarter window regulators, rollers. Greasing em, and reinforcing the jamb areas for the nader pins before i put the new quarters on..

I did lube everything in there while I had it open. It was all in really good condition. I should look at the mileage and see if it is high or low. The overall of the car is implying it's a low mile car, just typical Alberta rust.

That moredoor looked salvagable. But not as cool as a fastback cuda. I have a morbid obsession with building a big block moredoor, and making it a sleeper

Honestly, it was savable. But, it had a higher purpose in life! I'm not sure how early it was parked, but the /6 was windowed something fierce! It has made a huge donation to my Barracuda and will supply parts for many builds to come as well.

Last edited:
Damn id sandblast it, etch prime it and swap the whole clip.

BTW, when i hang new quarters on mine i plan on redoing the rear quarter window regulators, rollers. Greasing em, and reinforcing the jamb areas for the nader pins before i put the new quarters on..

Definitely a very good idea. You have plenty of room while it is open.

-
Back