-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantum53

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Contact seller
I'm ashamed to say I've owned this car since '74. Was my first car. Lots of great memories but life(excuse) got in the way(too many details) and things just got out of hand and ahead of me. I have a '69 GT, but always hoped to do this one right or keep motor for the GT. It has the original motor/trans(4spd.)/rear end. Someone stole the radiator and right fender. I did swap the passenger door and trunk lid for another years ago. It was dark racing green with saddle tan interior. I have the rear seat and door panels and clear title in my name. It needs Total restoration. My plans if kept, everything goes into another car. I have some extras. I have the original hood, chrome inserts(missing(1) 340 insert). I have the wood steering wheel(cracked). '69 parts car also. I could also supply a 360. Asking $5500.

100_0647.JPG

100_0485.JPG

100_0483.JPG

100_0480.JPG

100_0479.JPG

100_0478.JPG

100_0476.JPG

100_0475.JPG

100_0474.JPG

Why do you ask? As for matching numbers, I never checked. I've had the car since '74 and I never changed the engine. As far as I can remember the man I bought the car from, bought it new.

Just curious, at first thought I was thinking it should be orange. Looked it up and see they were turquoise in 69. Hard to see in the pic, is the exhaust manifold the correct HP? Appears to be a later manifold with the flange on the top.

Just curious, at first thought I was thinking it should be orange. Looked it up and see they were turquoise in 69. Hard to see in the pic, is the exhaust manifold the correct HP? Appears to be a later manifold with the flange on the top.
You're correct, wrong year manifold.

Thank you for reminding me. They may be wrong. When I bought the car it had headers. It was hard getting a car inspected in Pa in '74/75 with them. They rusted through. I was attending Vo-Tech and another guy had a set of manifolds, I believe from a cuda. They worked, so I bought them. In 74 no one was worried about correct year or numbers matching. You used what would work.

Parts car came from Elizabethtown, Pa. , in '88. No bulge hood. Exactly how you see it. Sat outside always, faired better than the swinger.

The original engine question is certainly a valid one. That will be easy to determine with just a little work. There's a smooth, machined pad on the passenger's side of the block immediately above the oil pan rail "about" half way the length of the block. There's a sequence of stamped numbers there. If it's the original engine, those numbers will be the same as some in the VIN of the car. If not, they won't match. That could certainly help bring top dollar considering the car's condition. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back