1969 Valiant Slicing

-

wildman2bad

Reaction score
Sliced about 21.5 inches out of the middle of a 4 door Valiant. It is now a two seater. Have the roof and rockers welded back together. Put 2" square tubing in the rockers to strengthen them. It was a bit of a challange, because the rear part of the car was wider then the front by about 3/4". Had to cut slits in the drip rail to get things to line up.

20230105_165114.jpg

20230117_110954.jpg

20230118_122101.jpg

20230118_154107.jpg

You Sick Bastard! I love it! Or your mindset / work, anyhow, lol actually looks like it would be stronger. that's a 1 of 1 right there!

The doors should be challenging
Yeah man. As a carpenter I'm thinking actually he's going to have to cut the doors in half, and put them back together, but the main thing is he's probably needs a good template to do that. unless you really want to start screwing around

interesting project you gonna shorten the truck to put into proportion?, i want to cut up a 1st gen cuda to mustang proportion.

Honestly it looks pretty straight and square..... I don't think that's his first time doing anything crazy like that..

i don't hate it.

i think if it was a vert the proportions would be a little easier on the eyes. the big C pillar makes it look a little clown car-y

but i love the ambition and level of insanity with this!

Yeah man. As a carpenter I'm thinking actually he's going to have to cut the doors in half, and put them back together, but the main thing is he's probably needs a good template to do that. unless you really want to start screwing around
You are correct. I will be combining the front and rear doors into one. Maybe about 10" of the rear door and most of the front.

i don't hate it.

i think if it was a vert the proportions would be a little easier on the eyes. the big C pillar makes it look a little clown car-y

but i love the ambition and level of insanity with this!
I am not in love with the proportions. Waiting to see if the proportions grow on me. Might cut a foot of the rear end or make it a fastback.

I am not in love with the proportions. Waiting to see if the proportions grow on me. Might cut a foot of the rear end or make it a fastback.
hell yeah. i love the fact that you're willing to just let loose and go for it!

with the long nose and short rear deck it's got kind of a T-bird look, which i'm not against. with the motor you're planning that thing is gonna be a handful!

Gee an altered wheelbase wheel stander in the making !

Be sure to fill the rear bumper with lead :)

-
Back