1970-1971 Front Bumper Demon and Dart

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I am looking to source a front bumper for my 1971 Demon. I've seen a few with bumperettes and have a question regarding such. Perhaps someone could chime in and shed some insight.

Various images that I have seen, seem to place the bumperettes in 2 different positions. They have been shown attached to the inner bumper bolts, and have been shown mounted outboard of the two inner bumper bolts. Was this a 70 to 71 thing, or ???.

This info would help me locate the correct bumper for my car. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards

Hi Folks

I am looking to source a front bumper for my 1971 Demon. I've seen a few with bumperettes and have a question regarding such. Perhaps someone could chime in and shed some insight.

Various images that I have seen, seem to place the bumperettes in 2 different positions. They have been shown attached to the inner bumper bolts, and have been shown mounted outboard of the two inner bumper bolts. Was this a 70 to 71 thing, or ???.

This info would help me locate the correct bumper for my car. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards
I'm not sure about that but I know that some of the later 71s had jack slots I believe and all 72's had them..Maybe the placement on the jack slots had something to do with the placement of the bumperettes..Maybe some of these restoration guys can confirm that or not..

It was a change. Not sure when though. Maybe when the went to the slots like stated above. My 72 has separate holes for the guards. Earlier ones were mounted with the mounting bolts which I also have one of. I'd have to look but don't think it has the slots.

I have a line on a front bumper with no jack slots. It has chrome bumperettes but they are mounted at the inner bumper bolt. So this is original and not an after-the- fact bolt on?

zzz.JPG

Do you concur Moparmarks? Does the pic I posted look like the original one that you have? (Bumperette style no black rubber)

Mine have rubber though. Maybe that one is an early 70 without the rubber? Correct location and shape though.

-
Back