1970-3 Dart and 1971-2 Scamp trunk edge trim now available

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
The most problematic piece of trim to deal with on the cars listed above is the thin aluminum trim that is found on the lower edge of the trunk lid and the complimentary pieces on either side that attach to rear quarter extensions. The material is very thin aluminum that seems to scratch and dent simply by looking at it too hard! Most salvage pieces are scratched to hell just below the trunk key hole by decades of dangling keys when you unlock the trunk. Once they get dented it is very difficult to straighten them and buff them out due to the thinness of the material. I have dealt with this situation on the 48 year old Dart Custom that has been in my family since new. You can't get rid of the trim unless you get a new non-trim trunk lid since it is attached through 10 holes drilled in the lower edge of the trunk lid. It is often the crappiest piece of trim on otherwise beautiful cars. No one made a reproduction... UNTIL NOW!!! At Chryslers@Carlisle at the Megparts booth I found new 3 piece sets (just available). The boxes were cryptically labelled "1970-71 Dart tail panel" so persevere if they tell you they don't have it. I'll take a picture and post it once I replace my old trim.

Nice, I've been looking for better trim for my Scamp for 15 years! Thank You :thumbsup:

Got this trim installed so here's some pictures

DSC00122.JPG

DSC00123.JPG

-
Back