-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1970 340x guy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a complete number matching 340x duster. Have never seen another one in 27 yrs ive had it. In position to sell to serious buyer,it is unrestored and complete. Super fast,needs proper owner we have only seen reference to these cars three times both other were not complete. So may be only one left. So if interested and very serious get back to me and we can talk details.

Attachments

• IMAG0254.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,202
  • IMAG0267.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,190
  • IMAG0252.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,197
  • IMAG0251.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,204
  • IMAG0249.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,204
  • IMAG0246.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,212
  • IMAG0269.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,215
  • IMAG0272.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,196
This car does have x heads,triple spings,dome pistons steel crank was called the baby hemi. Also has a833 4-speed with x on it and a 354 rearend,83/4. Large drums,black vinyl top and original yellow. Have look at dusters daily for 27 years have yet to see one the same. This is an original special ordered car no parts have been added heads block etc. All factory. Asking price not sure looking for the right owner. Sold a sweet 68 gt a few years ago i held for 25 yrs. And they chopped it up removed chrome vinyl top etc. Also have sent title to a few documenters and mopar buffs and no one has seen one of these. There was a book i was shown of the x car 27 yrs ago. But dont have copy and i know there is somone out there who knows of these cars. Never planned on selling it but times have changed and it has to go.

ok, so throw out a ball park price you looking to get for this 1 of 1. and pics would be great, to prove your theory!

This car does have x heads,triple spings,dome pistons steel crank was called the baby hemi. Also has a833 4-speed with x on it and a 354 rearend,83/4. Large drums,black vinyl top and original yellow. Have look at dusters daily for 27 years have yet to see one the same. This is an original special ordered car no parts have been added heads block etc. All factory. Asking price not sure looking for the right owner. Sold a sweet 68 gt a few years ago i held for 25 yrs. And they chopped it up removed chrome vinyl top etc. Also have sent title to a few documenters and mopar buffs and no one has seen one of these. There was a book i was shown of the x car 27 yrs ago. But dont have copy and i know there is somone out there who knows of these cars. Never planned on selling it but times have changed and it has to go.
can you post the fender tag minus the last 6 of the vin please
pics of car and asking price????

No such thing , never heard of it .I grew up around mopar cars especially a bodies had a least 10 a body dusters dart sports ect , and still have one today . I would say somebody made up this story.

Hell I'm interested! I would be a serious buyer at $3,000.00 if it's rust free and is factory original down to the air cleaner and exhaust manifolds. Going to change the oil in the pickup in case a road trip is in my future. I'm the perfect buyer I won't hack that car up. I will love it like an only child.

:blob:

Taking pics now,fender tag is gone. Have talked to a few collectors of mopars. Another thing to show a difference is the aluminum shifter housing says hurst on it and is permanent on the a833.Kind of amazed how many quick to prove someone wrong in here. Hot rod magazine did an article on the 340x engine ill post it too. Vin number is VS29H0B185855.

Sounds like someone built the engine out of the DC catalog. Battleship spring, .557 or .590, and on and on.

You've had it 27 years, what about the prior 14? Lots of stuff happens and plenty of lore gets spun. Post some pics, especially the fender tag and broadcast sheet.

Never heard or seen a so called "X" duster. There are some "special" cars out there, never haveI seen even one that 's been referred to as a Duster 340X. I've been into these cars all my life with many people running stock and super stock from the 70's and on. Unless I saw something definitive, sounds like a puffing deal, like the 440 hp block is better than non hp ones, etc.

Post pics and an asking price.

Good luck with your sale.

.Kind of amazed how many quick to prove someone wrong in here.

You shouldn't be xince it is the net first, secondly, your claiming a rare car no one ever heard of or is certain on what your ta;lking about and with no proof.

In my last 25 years of being into cars and MoPars, I have never heard of a Duster X car ever before. So, some enlightening would help as well as pictures and price.

Thanks.

Taking pics now,fender tag is gone. Have talked to a few collectors of mopars. Another thing to show a difference is the aluminum shifter housing says hurst on it and is permanent on the a833.Kind of amazed how many quick to prove someone wrong in here. Hot rod magazine did an article on the 340x engine ill post it too. Vin number is VS29H0B185855.

hope ya got a build sheet in that car with no fender tag

Vehicle Identification Number: VS29H0B185855
Vehicle Model: Valiant/Duster
Vehicle Class: Special Price Class (Duster 340,Barracuda Cuda,Barracuda AAR Cuda)
Vehicle Body Style: 2 Door Sports Hardtop
Vehicle Engine: 340 CID/275 HP 4 BBL V8
Vehicle Year: 1970
Vehicle Assembly Plant: Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Assembly Sequence Number: 185855

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back