1970 340 Swinger

-
Yes I am. Might have someone else shoot it though. Haven't decided yet. My eyesight isn't what it used to be and I have a bum shoulder so holding paint gun is a little hard.
Yea getting old sometimes suck. I'm a body man and painter and now get sick painting but gonna finish mine before I'm dead. lol
Welcome to the fun at FABO Bill and will enjoy seeing yours get done.

Yea getting old sometimes suck. I'm a body man and painter and now get sick painting but gonna finish mine before I'm dead. lol
Welcome to the fun at FABO Bill and will enjoy seeing yours get done.
Thanks, got 2 coats of 2k primer on it before I came in tonite. Hands are raw from all the sanding but I'll get through it. Want to get it in paint and driving before I head back to Washington in the spring. Will do the interior after I get back home. All the best to you and yours. Bill

Thanks, got 2 coats of 2k primer on it before I came in tonite. Hands are raw from all the sanding but I'll get through it. Want to get it in paint and driving before I head back to Washington in the spring. Will do the interior after I get back home. All the best to you and yours. Bill
Stay warm enjoy the weather down there might have my car in your area of Washington next summer if I get my *** in gear. lol

Taking the hood and deck lid in today to have the undersides blasted, might reprime car also. blocked it to 220 yesterday.
I always liked the blocking and prepping for paint I know most guys don't like it.
Mine is getting close all painted but hood and deck lid. Engine and tranny in. now for the part I don't like, wiring. lol

I would rather wire than do body work, but am old mechanic so makes sense. Trying to get it done so I can cut in for trunk and front and back glass. Then on to door jams. Hope to have in paint by end of January. Then have to figure out that rallye dash. none of my gauges were working.

I would rather wire than do body work, but am old mechanic so makes sense. Trying to get it done so I can cut in for trunk and front and back glass. Then on to door jams. Hope to have in paint by end of January. Then have to figure out that rallye dash. none of my gauges were working.
If I lived closer would trade you work I'm not a mechanic but we do the best we can with what we have.

That's me with the body work, I can do it but takes me 3 time as long because I'm not always doing it right. I just enjoy the build of a car.

That's me with the body work, I can do it but takes me 3 time as long because I'm not always doing it right. I just enjoy the build of a car.
Same here lots of fun. I was going to build my own engine but for the cost of a Blue Print engine I could't build one for what they sold theirs for so bought one complete all dyno tested.
I feel I lost out on the fun of doing it myself but as much as I got into the car I can't afford to screw up the engine.

My motor ok, not much mechanical to do, brakes and suspension were already done and thank god he didn't do any wiring. He gave me the wire he was going to us, house extension cords. Mine is mostly cosmetics. Still have to do all the interior, refurbish gauge cluster and repaint dash and door trim. Already got exhaust done also.

-
Back