1970 Dart 340 Emblems

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping somebody can help me out. I got my first cold air hood for my 1970 Dart from a 71 Demon donor, so I went to the dealer in 1980 and bought a set of 340 emblems for the scoops. In the pictures they are the old set of emblems with no nuts. I recently bought a pair of similar emblems, which are the new ones in the pictures with nuts. They are significantly different. the face is flat, the detail is crisper, even the bridge between the 4 and the 0 is thicker on the old ones. The new ones have crisp chrysler part numbers on the back. Can anybody tell me which are original or why two different versions?

Attachments

• 340#1.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 192
  • 340#2.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 200
Interesting....Do the #'s on the back of the old one match the new one??

I think you'll find that the crisper one is a repop - I have a set somewhere that look like the other "dirty" ones that I believe came off of a '71 340 Duster
I'm hoping somebody can help me out. I got my first cold air hood for my 1970 Dart from a 71 Demon donor, so I went to the dealer in 1980 and bought a set of 340 emblems for the scoops. In the pictures they are the old set of emblems with no nuts. I recently bought a pair of similar emblems, which are the new ones in the pictures with nuts. They are significantly different. the face is flat, the detail is crisper, even the bridge between the 4 and the 0 is thicker on the old ones. The new ones have crisp chrysler part numbers on the back. Can anybody tell me which are original or why two different versions?

im gonna guess a 71 340 duster but not positive...ive actually never seen the other ones before only these

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 173
The "crisp" looking ones look correct to me..... and I have never seen a 71 Duster with those emblems. 70 swinger 340 used them, and I think 71 Demon 340s had them also.

SEE!? I knew I had it fungled up in my head.. I've never owned a 340 Dart so God only knows where I got them - or where the heck they are now for that matter.

The two chrysler numbers were # 2998880 and #3612874, says both interchange .But something tells me that the 340 name plates on 70 Swinger hood scoops look different in apperance , but this is just a thought ...

-
Back