1970 Dart Swinger 340 Wheel cover options?

-

Hemiorangeswinger

Dodge Material
Reaction score
Broadcast sheet says the following under the wheels section. it says ROAD- 12, COLOR-TX9, SPARE-12, WHEEL COVERS-35

Does anyone know what code 35 is for wheel covers?

Broadcast sheet says the following under the wheels section. it says ROAD- 12, COLOR-TX9, SPARE-12, WHEEL COVERS-35

Does anyone know what code 35 is for wheel covers?

that's kinda odd .....35 don't show in any sources I have ....hopefully someone can answer that one

i'd check that option on challengers, chargers, and coronets and see if they had that number option whatever it was I would belive it to be a full wheel cover since the rim is black

Could it possibly be 55?
I think it would be odd to have body color Road Wheels, but it could happen?
"W55 body color road wheels"

Last 2 digits of part number..The code W11 wheel cover above is part number 2944 435. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks guys and gal! I tried for a few hours searching that number and I haven't found a thing... Hopefully someone has the answer or an original dart with this code on the build sheet. There were three options for wheel covers correct? And then the dog dish caps and rallyes, so five total.

null_zps97acc563.jpg

null_zps13263144.jpg

null_zps76674bcc.jpg

null_zpsce3e4d88.jpg

null_zpsa315029f.jpg

Last 2 digits of part number..The code W11 wheel cover above is part number 2944 435. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks for that info! I don't mind those wheel covers... I'm not a fan of those spoked ones on a dart tho, I don't think it would look right. Did broadcast sheets often have the last two digits of the part number instead of the proper code?

What year were these an option?
null_zps66e3ca90.png

Thanks for that info! I don't mind those wheel covers... I'm not a fan of those spoked ones on a dart tho, I don't think it would look right. Did broadcast sheets often have the last two digits of the part number instead of the proper code?

null_zps66e3ca90.png

Those are 1969 B-Body caps

null_zps66e3ca90.png

68 B -body also ...I had a 68 charger long time ago with these

yes a lot of things would be last 2 PN digits, dizzys, torsion bars, diffs, wheel covers, carbs are, if listed are listed by last 2. These numbers come from the 70-1 parts manual. It lists them for Coronet and Dart.

Attachments

• wheels.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 276
yes a lot of things would be last 2 PN digits, dizzys, torsion bars, diffs, wheel covers, carbs are, if listed are listed by last 2. These numbers come from the 70-1 parts manual. It lists them for Cornet and Dart.

my 70 340 Swinger has code "24" for the wheel cover, any idea what type that is Rocky?

Keith, looks like a trim ring probably went with dog dish

PN 2844 424

Really, they came that way? That would be very cool, I never seen any like that before. My wheels have the black paint code :glasses7:

My car has some odd options, like stripe delete and bucket seats with automatic on the column

Attachments

• DSC08522.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC02842.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 253
  • DSC02848.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 261
Maybe like this? I've never heard of black rims with dog dish caps and beauty rings but I guess with dodge you'll never know!

null_zpse7e6f520.jpg

yes a lot of things would be last 2 PN digits, dizzys, torsion bars, diffs, wheel covers, carbs are, if listed are listed by last 2. These numbers come from the 70-1 parts manual. It lists them for Coronet and Dart.

Thanks Rocky_JS! This site is awesome! I would have never figured this out..

Keith, looks like a trim ring probably went with dog dish

PN 2844 424

So Rocky, are the trim rings the same ones used on the Rallye rims? Dang, nice originals are hard to find and spendy....lucky for me I have a complete set of NOS 1970 red line dog dish caps, now, need to locate rings.....:D

I think hemi has the picture above Keith trim ring with the dog dish. Very cool look btw for factory stuff! Also if you look at your build sheet all that stuff, rad, fan, fan spacer ect is all the last 2 digits of the part number

Really, they came that way? That would be very cool, I never seen any like that before. My wheels have the black paint code :glasses7:

My car has some odd options, like stripe delete and bucket seats with automatic on the column

I think hemi has the picture above Keith trim ring with the dog dish. Very cool look btw for factory stuff! Also if you look at your build sheet all that stuff, rad, fan, fan spacer ect is all the last 2 digits of the part number

Very cool stuff, thanks bud :glasses7:

Yes, It looks like they are the same trim ring as used on the rallye wheel. Guess there is one way to find out for sure!

So Rocky, are the trim rings the same ones used on the Rallye rims? Dang, nice originals are hard to find and spendy....lucky for me I have a complete set of NOS 1970 red line dog dish caps, now, need to locate rings.....:D

-
Back