1970 Dart Swinger 340

-

mopar3653

Reaction score
I just bought a car that looks rough but I think it is pretty rare. It is a 1970 Dart Swinger with a 340, 3 speed in the floor and bucket seats. It is Lemon Twist with Black interior. Look at the fender tag decode below and tell me if it is worth sinking the many thousands of dollars required to fix it. I am missing the drivetrain and various other parts but I think it is worth it. I actually think it is rare find with the three speed in the floor and bucket seats. Since I am new here all opinions will be appreciated. Thanks.

E55 - 340 - 4 Barrel
D13 - 3-Speed Manual Transmission Floor
LM23 - L =Dodge Dart, M =Medium, 23 =2 Door Hardtop
H0R - H =340 275HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL, 0 =1970, R =Windsor, ONT, CAN
14110- Sequence Number '14110'
FY1 - Paint Code : Top Banana/ Lemon Twist
H6X9 - H =High, 6 =Vinyl Bucket Seats, X9 =Black
TX9 - Upper Door Frame : Black/Black Velvet
A05 - Date Built : 10/05/1969
012000- Order Number : 012000
FY1 - Roof Type OR Color: Top Banana/Lemon Twist
A45 - Spoiler Package - Front & Rear
C55 - Bucket Seats
M21 - Roof Drip Rail Moldings
M25 - Wide Sill Molding
A01 - Light Package
M43 - Grill Surround Molding
M88 - Quarter Panel Tape Treatment
N41 - Duel Exhaust w/o Tips
N42 - Chrome Duel Exhaust Tips
R11 - Music Master Radio AM
V6X - Black Longitude Sports Stripe
Y05 - Built to U.S. Specifications

Let me know what you think.

You can say any car is "one of one". There's always some way to figure out why it's special. You'll spend thousands and hours and suddenly find another one in better shape for half the price.

If you love the car and want to own it and enjoy it, the money will seem like pocket change and the hours will seem like fun doing your hobby.

I've been spending hours and hours and lots of money on a '69 Valiant slant 6 car that was so rusty that even with everything new now it'll never be as nice as an original car, but I love the car and I love doing the work because I'm hanging with a buddy, listening to the radio, shooting the breeze and learning about Mopar.

It pains me to spend an hour working on my house, yet I can spend 5 hours straight scraping oil and undercoating and dirt off a car that's not even mine and I don't even think about drinking water until I realize how parched I am! Is that you too?

Here are your pics. It looks BAD but has lots of potential.

dart.jpg

dart2.jpg

dart1.jpg

For what you paid for it, hard to go wrong. Only real negative is the 3 speed.

Your car is a pretty decent image of mine. This is what it should look like...

100_0163.jpg

You have quite a few hard to get decent parts to start looking for... namely taillight lens' Looks like a project for sure. Don't be stunned when trying to find a core 340 and the transmission and clutch parts, they've become pricey, as with all mopar parts.

If you need any rails give me a PM. I have some out of a 72 Duster.

Great looking car when done... Congrats

I see this car is back up on the bag.

What happened?

-
Back