1970 Dart Unusual Color Combo

-

Mike Parks

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this color combo on a 1970 dart. The exterior was light yellow, I'm assuming Cream with tan interior and a green stripe. All documentation I have seen says the strip should have been black. I bought the car in 1972 and it showed no signs of a re-paint. I am still trying to confirm the exterior color and stripe color that I assume was parchment green. The car was a true H code 340.
he
DartIMG_3013.jpg

Never saw that color on a H code 340, mine came with the same hub caps. But was ralley red.

Never saw that color combo before. But you really could order what ever you really wanted back in the day. I remember a 70 Swinger 340 that was F8 Green and it had the lime green bumble bee stripe and a green interior back in the day and it was all legit. I think your car had a cool color combo and it had the deluxe full wheel covers and white walls! Cool stuff. Post some more pictures if you have them :)

Never saw that color combo before. But you really could order what ever you really wanted back in the day. I remember a 70 Swinger 340 that was F8 Green and it had the lime green bumble bee stripe and a green interior back in the day and it was all legit. I think your car had a cool color combo and it had the deluxe full wheel covers and white walls! Cool stuff. Post some more pictures if you have them :)
I can find that the parchment green stripes were available on the two green exterior colors only, just not the cream. I wish I could find that car, it was traded in 1974 to Reliable Chevrolet in Springfield Missouri. It had tan high back seats, console, rim blow horn, 727, and 8 3/4. I am looking to find a car to clone the one I had.

My high school buddy's Dad had a Hemi Roadrunner in that color combo, minus the stripe. Sleeper of the Century with that color and the bench seat and column shift :lol:.

The chart shows recommended combinations.

I have seen non-recommended color combination cars on ordered cars & sales bank cars, so even Chrysler would color outside the lines at times.

-
Back