Status
Not open for further replies.

Swinger Ron

Father/Son - 1970 Dodge Swinger
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Anyone who can recommend a retailer or other that has the proper Bucket seat studs and nuts would be greatly appreciated.

I am also looking for passenger seat Trim cap at the hinge left side of passenger seat.

I am getting new seat covers put on over the winter and looking to refurbish the seat rails. Question: should the seat studs be able to come out of the rails with a light tap, they seam to be rusted in there? I plan on sanding the rails down and paint them before re installing the seats. Any recommendations on paint for the rails as well and refurbishing them, proper grease etc?

Thanks,
Ron

Those studs are spot welded pretty tight, I have ground them off and spot welded carriage bolts back in for replacements. When I restored the seats on a 68 charger I had, I wanted everything to look stock, so I drilled through the broken off studs and tapped them and cut 1/2 in threaded rod and made studs. I then screwed them in and welded them from the top, ground the weld flat and they looked like new ones. Used original nuts from a parts car and I was good to go.

It means they are placed in the hole and a punch presses the corners out, swelling the metal and holding them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back