1970 duster heater box

-

Bills70

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if there is a gasket that goes around the big hole where support rod is at? if I do not have the gasket can I just use rope gasket?

DSC00061.JPG

On a '72 Demon ,yes there is a gasket. It is I believe, closed cell black foam. Your local hardware store should have some on a small roll that you could make one from.
Yote

OK, What I got from DMT was a ring of black foam, about 3/4 inch square material, with adhesive on one side but... That adhesive peeled right off the foam along with its paper covering. The foam ring did work fine with some added 3M weather strip adhesive.

OK, What I got from DMT was a ring of black foam, about 3/4 inch square material, with adhesive on one side but... That adhesive peeled right off the foam along with its paper covering. The foam ring did work fine with some added 3M weather strip adhesive.
thanks for the info. I ordered one and it is on its way!

You may need to add some additional foam on top of the circle piece you get from DMT. If you buy their heater box rebuild kit they add a few strips of very compressible foam. It's not a perfect fit so it helps deal with leaks. I just did this a few months ago and had to use a piece of their compressible foam to fill a void at the cowl seal.

You may need to add some additional foam on top of the circle piece you get from DMT. If you buy their heater box rebuild kit they add a few strips of very compressible foam. It's not a perfect fit so it helps deal with leaks. I just did this a few months ago and had to use a piece of their compressible foam to fill a void at the cowl seal.
I just happen to have roll of 1/4 x 3/4 foam that I used on the metal piece that hold the window seal

-
Back