1970 duster heater hose bracket

-

Bills70

Reaction score
does anyone have the bracket that goes over the heater core tubes on the fire wall, "for sale?" I can not find mine or maybe I did not even get it when I bought the car.

DSC00081.JPG

If you have a hole saw or the right size drill bit ,one could be easily made. I doubt most people could tell the difference.
Yote

If you have a hole saw or the right size drill bit ,one could be easily made. I doubt most people could tell the difference.
Yote
I know that I can make one since I am a retired Tool & Die Maker but I would like to have an original one if possible! Was there a gasket behind it, what kind of material was it and would you happen to know how thick the metal was just incase I do have to make one!

The gasket kit I used had a thin white foam gasket for that. The metal is approximately 1/16 inch thick. Maybe not exact , but as I recall.
Yote

The gasket kit I used had a thin white foam gasket for that. The metal is approximately 1/16 inch thick. Maybe not exact , but as I recall.
Yote
Ok! thanks for the info. I have some 1/8" flat stock I will use

Yote! I got er done already, but thanks anyways I may make another one, but with thinner metal, I used 1/8" this time but I will try and find some .062 or .093 thick material! I have a shim punch set I used when I worked as a Tool & Die maker and I can punch the holes out with that, much easyer than trying to drill that thin of metal with drill bit or hole saw!

DSC00082.JPG

Do you need dimensions of the metal piece ?? Mine is on a '72 Demon.
Yote
I also just happened to have some black foam rubber pieces (2"'x4") with adhesive on one side that I have had for a long time, that were in my plastic parts bin, that I used for gasket between plate and firewall.

That's great. Wish I had some of your ability.
Yote
it is really not that hard if you have the right tools! I just went and punched a hole in a piece of metal to show you, I used the hyd. press but with this thin of metal (.0625) a large ball pen hammer would have worked. I made this punch set when I was an apprentice but I am pretty sure they sell them!

DSC00083.JPG

DSC00084.JPG

DSC00085.JPG

DSC00086.JPG

DSC00087.JPG

-
Back