1970 duster seats? Bench!

-

Shadowfirexz

Reaction score
My 70 duster was a original bench seat car. Previous owner turned the floor into Swiss cheese with some ridiculous seats. Repairing floor and going back to bench seat. Which abody bench seats will bolt into a 70 duster factory bench holes? Which seats are compatible?

There were 2 for '70, split bench & split bench with fold down arm rest. What is your interior code?

There were 2 for '70, split bench & split bench with fold down arm rest. What is your interior code?
No idea what interior code is. Fender tag was not in car when I got it, no build sheet anywhere in car I’ve been everywhere so really I have no idea what it originally had. All I’m goin off of is the floor pan has the original bench seat mounts and holes.

IMO the 73+ high back with fold down arm rest is the best one to use -- looks and comfort

IMO the 73+ high back with fold down arm rest is the best one to use -- looks and comfort
So you’re thinking 73-76 bench seats would bolt up? Like same frame set up/ mounting? Mines a 4 speed car so I’d imagine it needs some sort of cutout/ mounding in the bench center to clear the floor tunnel?

No cut-outs for 4-speed, 70-72 are pretty much the same except for patterns, but 73-76 should work.

Any Abody bench aeats from 67+ up should work. I have a split bench from a 75 Duster sitting in my loft, if you want me to measure the mounting studs.

Yes, all A-Body bench seats 67-72 mount in the same location. Bucket seats have different tracks for later cars but bench always remained the same. I had a 73 bench in my 67 with no issues.

Any a-body bench seat (duster,dart,valiant,scamp) from 1970-1972, 2door hardtop . I'm not positive but I'm thinkin' 2door sedans as well. I personally like the high back bench .

Ok thanks everyone!! Last question. Does anyone know if anyone sells these bench seats new/ refurbished or am I stuck surfing junk yards and internet adds to track down a abody bench seat. Looking if anyone has one.

Junkyard or wanted in classified ads is the only way. Believe it or not they are hard to find. Most people who switch to buckets just throw away the bench seat because it is too large and heavy to ship, sad...

I suggest that you purchase the seat from plumcrazy70 and redo it . It may be a hassle getting it over the border but I'm thinkin' you are ahead in the end . Good luck

I have one from a '70 Duster with the fold down arm rest.

I also have an upholstery shop, so I could redo it.

Shipping from PA to B.C. would be brutal though.

Ok thanks everyone!! Last question. Does anyone know if anyone sells these bench seats new/ refurbished or am I stuck surfing junk yards and internet adds to track down a abody bench seat. Looking if anyone has one.
I have a Front Bench that I did in Black Leather. then decided to change to Bucket seats. If I could re-coup some of the leather cost?? its yours

-
Back