Not open for further replies.

Dartnut

Don't hate me because i'm beautiful
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Hi,
I do not own this car, i am helping a friend out that needs to sell this car because he has too many projects. P.M. me for his e-mail and contact info.

Description:

1970 Mexican built Duster, has been in Alberta, Canada since the late 70s. He has clear Alberta title.
-270 H.P. 318 4 barrel
-8 3/4'' small bolt pattern
-10'' drum brakes non power assist
-power steering
-column automatic
-originally pale yellow with a black interior
-bumperettes

Condition:

The engine runs good, the car runs, drives, and stops.
It needs a total restoration, but is a great candidate.
All V.I.N. tags and fender tags in place.
The inner fenders, frames front and back, transmission cross member, and floors are rust free.
The quarters have rust holes in them, as well as the trunk floor extensions, and there is some holes in the trunk floor where the drop offs and trunk floor meet. There is also some holes in the fenders but they are saveable.
The driver's door is good, the passenger's door has a dent in it but it is fixable as is or a good replacement comes with the car if wanted.

Parts that come with it:

-New Goodmark die stamped quarters RH. and LH. sides
-Spare hood (original is good too)
-very nice set of tail lights
-rust free trunk lid
-spare passenger door
-a few boxes of misc. parts from a parts car
-a good used windshield
-1971 sbp rallye wheels complete with fairly new tires

Unique features:

These Mexican built cars are somewhat different than our north american built cars that we are used to.
-The V.I.N. is different and in a different location (upper door frame by the dash on driver's side) There is another one stamped in the frame visible on the driver's side on front of the rear wheel, and another tag welded to the frame in front of the k-member viewed from the engine compartment.
-K.M.H. speedo not M.P.H.
-Factory 4 barrel on a 318 rated at 270 H.P.
-Unique door panels and seats
-Windshield washer motor is different
-Windshield washer bottle different and on passenger's inner fender
-''Automex'' embossed in carpet heel pad and washer bottle
-Valiant badging instead of Plymouth
-''Duster'' marking in the grille
-No heat riser in passenger's exhaust manifold, and no provisions for it

Other:

The car is located in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada about 50 miles north of the Montana border.
The price is $3800.00 obo. with all parts listed or $2800.00 obo for car as is without the extra parts or rallye wheels as pictured.
He does not want any trades at this time, and PLEASE don't even ask about prices for parts or if he will sell parts off of this car. The car is being sold whole and not parted out. Extra parts will not be sold unless car is sold first without them.
This car is also listed on Moparts.
Serious offers only please.

P.M. me for more info.
Thanks,
Tom.

Attachments

• 2011 spring 225.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 1,064
  • 2011 spring 351.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 1,080
  • 2011 spring 242.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,079
  • 2011 spring 350.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 1,085
  • 2011 spring 349.JPG
    135 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 2011 spring 338.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 2011 spring 340.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 1,072
  • 2011 spring 345.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 1,094
More pics.
The car can also be seen this Saturday Feb. 11th at the swap meet in Lethbridge at the exhibition grounds 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.

Attachments

• 2011 spring 245.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 1,052
  • 2011 spring 359.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 1,070
  • 2011 spring 339.JPG
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 2011 spring 355.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 1,059
  • 2011 spring 358.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 2011 spring 354.JPG
    141.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 2011 spring 353.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,020
  • 2011 spring 342.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 1,049
  • 2011 spring 341.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 1,002
  • 2011 spring 347.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,031
wow thanks for sharing this car!!! I really like the door panels and 270hp 318 that's awesome! wonder what the 340 version in mexico put out? :mrgreen: good luck with the sale here's a bump for ya!

I was gonna say...nice lookin cat there!

Very cool car! Good luck with sale.

Every now and then you see one, but not as often as I would think.

I believe they made an A body Super Bee, but was still 318-4.

Very interesting!
Also Mexico is part of North America, just thought I'd throw that our there.

Very interesting!
Also Mexico is part of North America, just thought I'd throw that our there.

Thanks for the comment, and setting me straight about Mexico being in north america, i thought it was in south america.
My bad. :banghead:

Love the KPH speedometer. Same as A-38 1976 police package in Canada

............Is that the #s motor?....does it have X heads............is the factory intake available......does it have buckets and consol?...curious as its only 4 hours away........makes 4 a good road trip........kim........

............Is that the #s motor?....does it have X heads............is the factory intake available......does it have buckets and consol?...curious as its only 4 hours away........makes 4 a good road trip........kim........

Kim:
I'm not sure if it's the #s matching engine, i can check.
I would say no to the X heads, the original intake was thrown away by the previous owner when he installed the aluminum one on it, and it is a column shift auto car with bench seat.
If interested, i would part with a console set up out of a Hang 10 and some bucket seats, to help him sell the car but it wouldn't be original. (If that even matters to you)
If you want to come see it, you are welcome any time, it would be great to meet you!
P.M. me for further contact info.
Thanks,
Tom.

.........I may have to go to Edmonton this weekend.......but i would like to take in the Lethbridge swap meet, then see that car.......kim......

There was a NOS Km/H speedo like that one for sale on eBay several years ago for $10. (Not a typo). And I missed it.

I still kick myself for it.

That's a neat Dus ter (as the badges go.)

My buddy's into '62~'65 Novas and said some of those guys would take the KPH speedos and recalibrate them into 200 MPH speedos! :headbang: Of course, we all know you'd need Mopower to actually get it that high!

Up here in Canada, they came in some Police issue cars, I had one many years ago, didn't find out what it came from until years after that car was gone.

Just my opinion, but I think the DUS TER has been added.

It sure does look like two of those monogram or initials badges that were popular in the 80's. You bought the three space frames, and usually a pack of self stick letters.

That would be a fun restoration ! Not many of those Mexican-built-for-Mexico-consumption A bodies around .

They had quite a few locally-sourced parts (wiper motor , tyres , and even interiors [witness the pattern on those door panels !] ) , which further makes them cool !

There's a few members of this forum whom reside in Mexico , as well as South America .

Just my opinion, but I think the DUS TER has been added.

It sure does look like two of those monogram or initials badges that were popular in the 80's. You bought the three space frames, and usually a pack of self stick letters.

You might be right.
I never seen that or thought of it before.
It's hard to tell with a car built in Mexico what is factory installed!
Good eye!

Doesn't detract from the coolness of the car.
You know how us Mopar guys like to take the road less traveled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back