1970 Swinger 340 steering wheel options

-

fnabody

Reaction score
Was the 3 spoke woodgrain steering wheel an available option on a 1970 Swinger 340?

Thank you. So, i'll take it that the 3 spoke woodgrain wheel was not an available option on the 1970 Swinger 340.

Thank you. So, i'll take it that the 3 spoke woodgrain wheel was not an available option on the 1970 Swinger 340.
If it's not a rimblow no it wasn't
The 71s had the rimblow more often because they didn't sell well in 70 so they threw them in so to speak

I have a base model slant 6 manual drum bench seat 1970 dart. I have what I thought was one of the ugliest steering wheels available. And now I see it's a rim blow and an extra cost option? How uncommon is the 2 spoke rim blow? I don't see it pop up for sale too often and I assumed people replaced them with 3 spoke wheels for looks and trashed them.

I have a base model slant 6 manual drum bench seat 1970 dart. I have what I thought was one of the ugliest steering wheels available. And now I see it's a rim blow and an extra cost option? How uncommon is the 2 spoke rim blow? I don't see it pop up for sale too often and I assumed people replaced them with 3 spoke wheels for looks and trashed them.

Just not popular. You could get them in B-bodies too.

They ran a very similar design in 70 and up C-body’s. The design fits in more with the big car luxury theme.

My friends 6 cylinder 70 Swinger has the factory rim blow wheel in it.

FYI

70_Dart0008.jpg

View attachment 1715156899
So what are you saying? Rimblow never came in a dart? Ck factory brochures and option sheets.

Yes they came on a dart. Just that they look completely different 1970 to 1971. There are two styles.

That picture you posted is a rim blow style that was optional on some 71 A bodies, 71 B bodies, and 70-71 E-bodies. Horn button inserts change between some of those years and models.

The picture I posted is from Alaskan TA’s Hamtramck-Historical link. The 70 A-body rim blow is on lower right hand side. That rim blow was optional on 70 A-bodies and 70 B-Bodies

Yes they came on a dart. Just that they look completely different 1970 to 1971. There are two styles.

That picture you posted is a rim blow style that was optional on some 71 A bodies, 71 B bodies, and 70-71 E-bodies. Horn button inserts change between some of those years and models.

The picture I posted is from Alaskan TA’s Hamtramck-Historical link. The 70 A-body rim blow is on lower right hand side. That rim blow was optional on 70 A-bodies and 70 B-Bodies
Interesting didn't know they made two types Thanks for the info

-
Back