1971 2-dr Dart Roof

Mopar Body and Trim

1. SlamminSam

SlamminSam New Member

Local Time:
    2:25 PM
    Hey guys, being new to mopars any advice would be appreciated.

I have a 1971 2-dr dart that needs a new roof. What roofs would fit on my dart? All 70-76 scamps and darts? anything else?

There is a 69 4-dr dart for cheap near me and I am thinking of shortening that roof, but would be nice to know if it would even work before getting into that car.

2. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:25 PM
    2 door ht. all the same from 67-76. I believe the roof skins for 2 and 4 door sedans from 67-76, including 74-76 Valiants which are based on a Dart body are the same.
    I'm in El Dorado Hills and I have a sedan roof from a 69 Dart.

3. 72bluNblu

72bluNblu FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    2:25 PM
    Correct, they interchange 67-76 but it has to be a hardtop. The 4 doors and post cars have a taller, and either slightly wider or narrower roof I can't remember which. C-pillar is also different on those cars.

So if you have a 2 door hardtop that's what you need to find. Can be 67-76, but it has to be a 2 door hardtop.

4. Dartnut

Dartnut Don't hate me because i'm beautiful

Local Time:
    3:25 PM
    Forget modifying a 4 door roof to fit your 2 door hard top.
    The windshield angle is wrong, the rear window and how the roof skin is shaped at the back is different etc. etc.
    What you need is a roof skin from a '67 to '76 2 door hard top car whether it is a Dart or a Scamp.
    The inner structures are a little different on the cars from '72 to '76, but the outer skins should be the same.
    Too bad you don't live closer to me, i have a few that i would let go pretty cheap........

• Agree Agree x 1
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.