1971 Demon / Duster Reproduction Rally Dash Bezel?

-

dusterdemon

Reaction score
Has anyone used a reproduction rally dash bezel in their 71 Demon or Duster? If so how did it fit and did you have to make any modifications to it? I have an uncut, unbroken factory one. I am trying to decide weather to have it restored or buy a repo. Quite a bit more to restore but it’s an original and I know how it fits. Thanks Warren

Bought a reproduction fron PG Classic. Fit like a glove, very happy about it.

100_0552.JPG

Bought a reproduction fron PG Classic. Fit like a glove, very happy about it.

View attachment 1715277180
Agree!! I bought one from PG Classics as well. Fit great! Just remember ,you have to take the metal support off the upper part of your old bezel and re-install it on the new bezel so don't throw out the old one before you remove it as it doesn't come with the new bezel.

I used a repop on my Demon rally also. No fitment issues. Did have to drill hole for trip odometer reset. I have a reinforcement piece that was an extra for the rally. Don’t know if it’s same for standard, depending on what you have. Personally hang on to original if it’s in that good of shape. If you can use that piece PM me and we can work something out if you’re interested.

A4808B32-D927-401C-911E-A1ABB8D060FB.jpeg

02268CD5-3C91-42F4-85F8-077ABC683A29.jpeg

What support are you talking about My metal frame dash is out of a 70 Duster.
Where the upper mount screws go in thru the dash bezel there is a metal strip that I had to remove from the original bezel and attach to the reproduction bezel. Otherwise there’s nothing for the screws to capture to attach the bezel to the dash frame.

Where the upper mount screws go in thru the dash bezel there is a metal strip that I had to remove from the original bezel and attach to the reproduction bezel. Otherwise there’s nothing for the screws to capture to attach the bezel to the dash frame.
Ok thanks. I don’t have that support as my metal frame is a 70 yr n I’ll be using a 71 bezel. So hopefully it’ll work out

Ok thanks. I don’t have that support as my metal frame is a 70 yr n I’ll be using a 71 bezel. So hopefully it’ll work out
Hey Papaduster,

That metal strip is on all A-Bodyrallye dashes from 67-71 . When you put the screw in from underneath the bezel, it tightens against this srrip to hold it to the metal dash frame. Without it, you would be tightening up against the plastic bezel only which would quickly punch through and the come loose.

Hope this makes sense and helps!!

Cheers!

Hey Papaduster,

That metal strip is on all A-Bodyrallye dashes from 67-71 . When you put the screw in from underneath the bezel, it tightens against this srrip to hold it to the metal dash frame. Without it, you would be tightening up against the plastic bezel only which would quickly punch through and the come loose.

Cheers!
Yes it make sense. I’ll make a backup plate. Does it go all the way across the top of the bezel ? What about the bottom bezel screw holes? Is there any extra metal support ?
Maybe you know but what factory is making the Repop bezels a few catalog n websites are selling ? Seems to be a lot of different prices if they are all the same. Plus I’m finding out the plastic now is real metal chrome overlay n not the vacuumed aluminum that back in the day would wipe off with windex when cleaning the windows n dash.
Well I went and looked at my old Rally dash bezel and I see where there’s screw holes to hold on the metal support. Now to find the Fillister head screws.
Thanks again

Hey Papaduster,

Cheers!
Now to find the Correct Filister head n length screws Thanks

Nothing beats in original, the quality is probably better than a reproduction, I’d have the original restored, that’s what I plan to do with my 340 Swinger bezel...not many good reproduction parts come from China!!

Now to find the Correct Filister head n length screws Thanks

No problem! glad to help. I bought my dash and glove box bezel from PGClassics. Fit great and looks awesome. Very well produced part!

Here's mine.

1665011893716.png

-
Back