[SOLD] 1971 Dodge Demon "Sizzler" EV2 !!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RPM

Superior Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Contact seller
People !!! This car must go go go !
I thought I would put it on here and see if anyone is capable of getting it fast.
Original 1971 Dodge Demon "Sizzler" package. Rare EV2 Hemi orange option.
This car is a moderate to simple resto for a awesome rare packaged car.
There is very very minimal rust issues... I mean.... minimal !
There is some minor body damage that will have to be taken care of.
The floor pans are all solid. Try finding info out on the "Sizzler" packages very little even on the WWW. Fender tag in original shape and location.
I wanted this car to restore, but I have no place for storing it or the funds to put it back together. I have numerous and I mean numerous pictures I can send to a e-mail on this car.
I believe the original '71 318 still resides onder the hood, but its missing intake and motor has not run in years. So total rebuild will be in order. I believe the orginal 904 is still in place. The car has a 8 3/4 rear end, but somewhere along the lines got the large bolt patterned axles. So rear are LBP and front wheels are SBP. I have dug around and got a little and very little info on these cars.... It will need some work.. but if put back to original condition you will have prob the only one in the U.S. !!!
.....ok ok... here is the kicker.... There is NO.... NO....Title on the car. we know the history on the car, but the title and the original owner are gone.
So you will have to get a title from one of the companies that does that.
2nd Kicker... car is located in Boise Idaho. The car needs gone ASAP so you will have to make quick plans to have it hauled.

P.m. me and I can give more info on this car !!! Pics avail too. Serious inquiries only please !!!

$2500 FIRM !!!

-RPM
demon1.jpg

demon2.jpg

demon3.jpg

demon4.jpg

demon5.jpg

demon6.jpg

good luck with the sale man, i hope it goes quickly.. looks like someone will have a nice project

Ya I dont know if that one is a Sizzler. It has the simiar look and grill painted, but Sizzler never came with the go-wing or a 340 like that says on the fender. Its nice to see what it could look similar to though ! Thanks for the pic ! "Sizzler" code is A59.

-RPM

gosh hemi orange demons and dusters going cheap and i dont have the green right now as homer would say D'OH!!!!!!! great project car oh i guess this is a bump for ya
Terry

Here is the 1971 Demon Sizzler package(came on /6 and 318 cars) in detail, as described in a 1971 Dodge advertisement:

http://www.foundationpc.com/brochure/71dartad.html

At mid-year, the Demon Sizzler became available. Based on the base Demon, the Sizzler added some of the 340's appearance and trim pieces.
The concept of the Demon Sizzler followed the same thinking / marketing that Chrysler applied to the 1971 Plymouth Duster Twister, a model that used some decals and trim (adding Twister specific twin hood scoops NOT available on the Duster 340) resembling the appearance of the higher performance 340 Duster.

yes.. the vin tag designation for Sizzler is "A59".
The car was originally equipped with add ons such as tuff wheel, A/C, dual sport painted mirrors, graphics kit, painted grill etc..
There is very little information on the net about this package because it was not very popular. Here is one theory why from a ex-factory guy from back then. The Sizzler package looked like a fast high performance car... so insurance premiums were just as high as the HP340 cars and such. So no one wanted the package. Again, that is just a theory.

-RPM

The fender tag for a Sizzler will have A59. Sizzler's were only made 1 year (1971) and made only 2108 of them if I remember correctly. I have a Butterscotch Sizzler.
Sizzler's did not have trim rings on the ralley wheels and but did have the chrome fender mouldings. This car was the poor man's 340 Demon but only came with a 318, 904 and an 8.25 rear end.

DSCF0417-small.jpg

RPM I remember you getting this car and would love to own it, but I am in the process of selling the Fury and I won't be able to trust my wife while I sleep with sharp objects in the house. Good luck with the sell bud.

Man...if only I had the money...that looks like one sweet deal and its in my neck of the woods!

Yep... really still not sold.
People are a bit afraid of the no title issue, which... I dont blame. A title can be picked up for the car. It was last registered in Nevada 20 some years ago. According to what the Nevada DMV can tell me is that its over 20 years so deal with the state your in and get a title. Here in Idaho I can get a title no problem, but its a bonded title for three years. I need to move the car before 3 years as I dont have storage for it. I would LOVE to build this back original and have a very unique car, but the time is not right for me. Trust me people... if this had a title the price would go up.
Unofficially we have dug up info that this may be 1 of under 2100 built with EV2 and 318/904 combo. Now thats unofficial... but from what I have NOT found on this car tells me its quite rare.
-RPM

WOW......only if they knew. You can titles all day long at car events....actually a title that would match the options on your car.

Sorry if I missed this info, reading this thread on my phone can be a hassle. How much for this car?!? What part of Idaho are you in? Im close and interested if price is reasonable.. Thanks!

It's a neat car and one I'd like to have but the title issue is a big one. In Illinois it's something like 5 years you have to wait for the bonded title. You can lose your whole investment during that time if an owner or an estate comes up with the original title. It costs a lot of $$ too. Hopefully someone can work it out to ensure the car remains to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back