1971 Duster Horn Button Removal

-

Hueydriver

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am about to replace the turn signal switch on my Duster and the only confusion I have is the removal of the horn button. I have seen several threads on this, but none seem to work. It appears the most likely one is to turn the button counter clockwise while holding the steering wheel. I tried this but it did not seem to work and I did not want to force it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
DASH.JPG

I just replaced my steering wheel just like yours with tuff wheel last weekend. Not sure if I did it right but it worked, I just yanked the horn button off if I remember right. Not sure that was the right method but I also didn’t care since wasn’t saving the wheel, also pretty sure the method worked damage free? Might want to get a second opinion though.

Yup, it just pulls off. I like to rock it to one side. Just seems to come off easier and less likely to brake the retainer ring off.

All - thanks so much for the input. Never thought it would be so simple and work so well. This forum always stands up with the right answers.

-
Back