-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcolman

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I decided that I would rather have a nicer daily driver than a 50 year old car that I drive once a week so the Duster must go. It's currently at a consignment dealer in Charlotte NC but I can get the car back in mid February and sell it myself. The dealer is asking $52k for the car. I've got over $65k invested in the car but I'm willing to let it go for $39,800. I'm located in Raleigh NC.

All work was performed by professional shops. Full specs are below.

340 cid engine. Blueprinted and balanced. .30 over. TRW flat top pistons. Mopar steel crank, Mopar performance rods. ARP fastners. Holley Sniper EFI with Hyperspark distributor. Professionally installed and tuned. In tank fuel pump. New fuel lines. Edlebrock aluminum heads. Weiand Stealth dual plane Intake. Competition cams hydraulic roller cam. 490/490 lift, 262 duration. 10.5-1 CR. MSD Blaster SS coil. MSD 6AL ignition. 8mm plug Wires. Aluminum radiator. 6-Blade aluminum cooling fan. Hooker ceramic coated long tube headers with X crossover. 2.5” Pypes Turbo mufflers. Vibrant Ultra quiet resonators. Oval exhaust tips.

Rust free chassis and body. Wilwood 4-wheel disc brakes and master cylinder. 6 piston front, 4 piston rear. 14” drilled and slotted front and rear rotors. New brake lines. Power brakes with silent electric rotary vacuum pump mounted in the trunk. Borgeson quick ratio power steering with pump cooler. Power steering reduction valve to reduce pressure for better road feel. Special limited edition American Racing classic Torque Thrust “D”18 Inch Wheels. 6” front 8” rear 5 on 4 3/4 bolt pattern. Front tires: 235/40 ZR/18. Rear tires: 245/50/ZR18. Backspace 4-1/2 front, 5-1/2 rear.

Tremec TKX 5 speed transmission / close ratio. McLeod hydraulic clutch. Quick Performance 8 3/4 sure grip power-lock unit. 3.23 gear ratio. Quick Performance axles with 5 on 4-3/4 hubs front and rear. QAI tubular upper control arms with neoprene bushings. Powder coated sub-frame and K member. Mopar Super Stock leaf springs. Hotchkiss Sport suspension subframe connectors.

Autometer custom gauges with speedo, tach, oil pressure, temp, amp and fuel level. Windshield wipers, turn signals, high and low beam headlights, backup, brake and interior lights all functional. Push button start. New carpeting. Duster floor mats. Sound deadening throughout interior and trunk helps keep road noise out. Black dash. Black door Panels. Black headliner. Three point harness seat belts. New front bucket and rear bench seats. A Classic Air A/C blower is installed and working. All that is missing is a compressor and to finish hooking everything up.

AAR fiberglass hood and front fenders. Estimated 200 lb weight reduction (including heads, UCA and headers). Hood pins. Functional hood scoop. Matte black hood stripe. Omni brand paint and clear coat in sublime green completes the car.

Link to more photos
Duster August 2022 full size

_G7P1709.jpg

Last edited:
Very Nicely done is it an original 340 4 speed car? Appears your inbox is full

Very Nicely done is it an original 340 4 speed car? Appears your inbox is full
Not original. The car was a 318 three speed auto when it left the factory. btw, I cleared out my inbox so I can accept PM's now.

Last edited:
Oh man! After all that work to get the TKX in... It seems like it's an extremely well sorted car... why not drive it more often? I semi-daily my Dart and it has nowhere near the same amount of creature comforts as your Duster. I have no heat, no a/c, manual steering, manual drum brakes, tin cans for "mufflers", 4.10 gears, and a handful of a cam.
If you really go through with the sale... good luck! Someone will get a fantastic Duster.

Oh man! After all that work to get the TKX in... It seems like it's an extremely well sorted car... why not drive it more often? I semi-daily my Dart and it has nowhere near the same amount of creature comforts as your Duster. I have no heat, no a/c, manual steering, manual drum brakes, tin cans for "mufflers", 4.10 gears, and a handful of a cam.
If you really go through with the sale... good luck! Someone will get a fantastic Duster.
Thanks, I know that I'm losing money by selling it. The only reason I'm getting rid of the car is like I said in my post, I wanted a nicer daily driver. My daily was a Genesis G-80, which I still own but it's also up for sale, and is a very nice car. To me, the Duster never was a "daily driver", it was a weekend toy.

I bought a 2020 BMW Z4 M40i as my new daily driver. The Z is a fantastic car, with 50-50 balance, nearly 400hp and is a blast to drive. If I had a three or four car garage, I would likely keep the Duster.

bmw.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back