1972 Demon 340 $ Craigslist Find $

-
I do NOT have a car like that for sale. IF I owned that car it would not be for sale for any price, but I would not pay that price.

I have 3 cars NOT for sale and I did NOT pay THOSE kind of prices for them.

I have parts cars that I sell parts off of but they are less desirable models that were way past restoration, none were p or h code cars and p and h code cars are worth restoring in any condition as long as one does so realistically and value conscious. Marks Garage
ok, got it. Nothing personal, but whenever an add like that is posted, seems the general FABO public say how outrages the price is, but the prices they describe just never...…. seem.... to appear... in the "for sale" adds here or anyplace else. FABO is now 50,000 members, all A-body and Mopar lovers. And we just don't see these adds of complete, original, solid looking, H-code Demons for 3500 bucks.

The C/L car hood has a Sizzler graphics on it. So so your aware. Not as wide of a graphic pattern.

this is the Swinger/GTS I bought advertised here on FABO a 100 miles from home. it has a Illinois salvage title issued by their state patrol.
no dash/VIN number, fender tag or build sheet. the title matches the numbers stamped on the body. not sure what of the 2 models but it has torque boxes on the frame. I paid $500.00 for the car and $75.00 for the power bulge hood off FABO as well. its rough but it is mostly solid.

DSC00732.JPG
DSC00738.JPG
DSC00815.JPG

this is the Swinger/GTS I bought advertised here on FABO a 100 miles from home. it has a Illinois salvage title issued by their state patrol.
no dash/VIN number, fender tag or build sheet. the title matches the numbers stamped on the body. not sure what of the 2 models but it has torque boxes on the frame. I paid $500.00 for the car and $75.00 for the power bulge hood off FABO as well. its rough but it is mostly solid.

View attachment 1715304763 View attachment 1715304766 View attachment 1715304770
If it's got a 8 3/4, that's your 500.00 If you got a sure grip center section, that's another 500.00. If it's a 340 car, it will have it.

It would be mine when I showed him the stack of 2800 one dollar bills.

If it's got a 8 3/4, that's your 500.00 If you got a sure grip center section, that's another 500.00. If it's a 340 car, it will have it.

the rear axle and k frame are not original to the car. they are just under it to roll it. the body is worth way more than the $500.00.

I'm not saying the cars not worth it, or the guy is wrong for asking 6k. It's worth what someone will pay. But I'm saying I can't believe where the market is and I am obviously behind the times. And me personally damn sure ain't a buyer at 6k. Maybe he's shooting for the moon and would take 4500.

I would have paid maybe 400.00 for that around 1990.... Today people have no sense to pricing so it will literally get what someone is willing to pay... Crazy....

JW
Yep, the market is what it is. Again I guess I'm living in the past. But I'm learning fast. LOL

Yep, the market is what it is. Again I guess I'm living in the past. But I'm learning fast. LOL
yes, this isn't 1989, or even 1995. Certain cars are very desirables, and the 340 Demon is one of them. And I'm not one that pays for numbers or letters in a VIN. But they bring what they bring. I personally would love to have the car shown, and not for a VIN, but I just like it. If it were closer, I'd look and probably make an offer. And no, I wouldn't offend the seller.

yes, this isn't 1989, or even 1995. Certain cars are very desirables, and the 340 Demon is one of them. And I'm not one that pays for numbers or letters in a VIN. But they bring what they bring. I personally would love to have the car shown, and not for a VIN, but I just like it. If it were closer, I'd look and probably make an offer. And no, I wouldn't offend the seller.

21,841 total Demons in 1972. About 5000 less than Challenger. Hmmmm. I see your point.

The C/L car hood has a Sizzler graphics on it. So so your aware. Not as wide of a graphic pattern.
The sizzler stripe was wider than the one used in 71. In 72 stripe was wider and got the dual snorkel scoop with J54.

I think that's overpriced, would a 72 340 demon, command the same sort of money as, say a 69 Dart GTS ?

You would have to see it in person to judge it before you can give it a value.I know you ain't finding a numbers matching H code Demon around here for $3500

I think that's overpriced, would a 72 340 demon, command the same sort of money as, say a 69 Dart GTS ?

a 69 GTS brings twice the money.

the 72 demon looks well optioned and its a tx9 car.

Really.. I wouldn't have thought that, the car in my sig is a 69 GTS, i've owned it since 87, i used to run it with the 340 4 spd, then sold the 340, it's now a big block auto. If then was now, with what's available, I would have stroked the small block and kept the car near to stock.

these prices are from 2015
#2 1969 340 GTS $18,900.00
#1 1969 340 GTS $27,000.00

#2 1972 340 Demon $10,500.00
#1 1972 340 Demon $15,000.00

source is collector car buyers guide.
values derived from then current auto auctions.

of course documentation and options that make a car rare add to its value.

that 72 Demon was TX9 black and very few were painted black.

these prices are from 2015
#2 1969 340 GTS $18,900.00
#1 1969 340 GTS $27,000.00

#2 1972 340 Demon $10,500.00
#1 1972 340 Demon $15,000.00

source is collector car buyers guide.
values derived from then current auto auctions.

of course documentation and options that make a car rare add to its value.

that 72 Demon was TX9 black and very few were painted black.

You won't peel a #1 Demon from a seller at 15k. I like your thinking it that you live in the past on pricing just like me....... Which is why I don't have a #1 car.....

JW

You won't peel a #1 Demon from a seller at 15k. I like your thinking it that you live in the past on pricing just like me....... Which is why I don't have a #1 car.....

maybe not but these are average auction prices as of 2015. this is also why I posted #2 prices.

I am not living in the past, what is true value is always different than personal I own it value.

I have cars that I will never sell even though some would consider them junk cause they are just too valuable to me.

the 72 Demon for sale here is a #5 car. it doesn't run. really you don't know what you are getting until you get the car all torn down. stuff always pops up that needs more money thrown at it.

2015 value is $1800.00 USD and plus some for its options, tx9 car, sizzler package and interior group upgrade that may or may not be part of the sizzler package. you would have to decode the fender tag. a broadcast sheet would also be real helpful.

JW
yep, agree. This isn't 1990. I've seen Demons go for over 30k.

search Mecum or Jackson Barrett action sites for sold prices. or get it appraised by a appraiser that does insurance appraisals.

how many cars do you see sold on this site for the stupid money? they have to be really special in terms of options and condition to bring top dollar.

search Mecum or Jackson Barrett action sites for sold prices. or get it appraised by a appraiser that does insurance appraisals.

how many cars do you see sold on this site for the stupid money? they have to be really special in terms of options and condition to bring top dollar.
I've seen 340 Demons on ebay sell for over 25k, and doubt they were a #1. 15k will get ya a nice 318 Demon though.....

-
Back