1972 Demon bucket seat foam replacement?

-

Rick Riffle

Reaction score
Need to rebuild the front bucket seats in my 1972 Dodge Demon. Can't find any seat foam. Anybody know where I can get some?

I am not an upholstery expert, and someone else may have a better answer, but I recently read an article about upholstery replacement on a 1972 Scamp in the September 2019 issue of Mopar Muscle, and they said the foam is not replaceable because it is molded to the frame. I wonder if your 1972 Demon is the same, and that might explain why the replacement seat foam only applies to 1970 to 1971 vehicles.

Nope, not on 72 buckets. It is readily available from the source, as mentioned above, or through Classic Industries.

I believe it is mostly bench seats that are foam molded around springs.

1971 was the last model year for separate springs & foam in bucket seat backs.

Starting with the 1972 model year, the foam has the metal inside it.

I have those seats, no one repops the foam. I just had mine done.
If their hi back seats , this wont help. I have the new upper seat foam for a set of lowback stock bucket seats for sale -------$25 apiece plus shipping from 74021

I had already checked with Legendary Auto Interiors and Classic Industries. Neither of them carry 1972 Dodge Demon front bucket seat foam and have no suggestions where I might find any. Looks like I have to follow "Desert Rats" formula and have them rebuilt as best I can. Thanks to everybody for their help.

I had already checked with Legendary Auto Interiors and Classic Industries. Neither of them carry 1972 Dodge Demon front bucket seat foam and have no suggestions where I might find any. Looks like I have to follow "Desert Rats" formula and have them rebuilt as best I can. Thanks to everybody for their help.
The seat foams are the way to go for sure but if they don't make them.....................I have a friend that does custom upholstery and can sculpt foam to any shape. Check around your area for someone like that.

-
Back