1972 Duster Project

-

Dartn440

Reaction score
Will be dragging this one home for a fresh project as the Demon comes to a close....

IMG_1440.JPG

Step one drag it out of the storage yard it is in. It's a slant six car. Motor is apart. My wife asked me what I was going to do with it....honest, I have no damn idea. I went kinda retro with my Demon in some respects. All original and there, bumps bruises and all. Might just put it back together as it came....

IMG_1441.JPG

It's got some rust to address. It's all there though. I don't have to hunt for parts like I did on the Demon.

For sure the hunt for parts will be easier than a Demon....
Step one drag it out of the storage yard it is in. It's a slant six car. Motor is apart. My wife asked me what I was going to do with it....honest, I have no damn idea. I went kinda retro with my Demon in some respects. All original and there, bumps bruises and all. Might just put it back together as it came....

View attachment 1715058758

There was a 408 with all the fixin's near you for sale ( as of last night.) Talk about a drop in and go....

I was in your neck of the wood last weekend (southern prime). Neat area...

JW

Yep spoke with him today....you ate dinner about 2 miles from my house. I inquired about putting it on the run stand. Maybe someone knows better than me but the color of the car does not seem original...it has been repainted.

IMG_1463.JPG

Yep spoke with him today....you ate dinner about 2 miles from my house. I inquired about putting it on the run stand. Maybe someone knows better than me but the color of the car does not seem original...it has been repainted.

View attachment 1715058768

No kidding..... I will look you up when I am back that way and offer to buy you drink... Side note here but who owns the beige GTO? It was near the restaurant and the car was gorgeous....

I PM him about the motor but quickly decided to stay on track with what I am doing. It does appear to be a great deal. If it's what he says and you are willing to pay the price he should have no problem putting it on a run stand....

JW

I'd keep the top, like the look with the color of the car. Good luck with your new project.

Where's the rust?

Looks like a stick a drivetrain in it and DRIVE it project to me!

...yeah I know, they always need nothing in pics and everything in person. Lol...

Fender lips are bubbling. Rear quarter and trunk rails. The Demon needed just about everything...I'll keep telling myself it's all good.

That's gotta be it. I have a million ideas in my head on this car. One of them is metalflake. My wife was cracking up when I showed her this old ad....

IMG_1421.JPG

Ok...so GY4 paint code is Honeydew. Not what color this car is currently painted. You can see some remnants under the hood near the cowl and firewall. I am not certain top color is correct, but should be ok with the correct paint.

LOL...the last time I stopped and asked about a Dart Sport, the old lady cussed me so bad it wasn't funny! Now when I see one, I just quickly look away! :eek:

Yeah the old dude was rude as hell to me on the phone. Car sitting in a side lot at his used car store. Smashed in the rear, hood popped, interior trashed, quarters rotted, no steering wheel. Wanted to tell me how I couldn't afford the motor. Lol

Keys and title in hand. Will pull out of the storage yard hopefully next week and get after it. Get some more pics and get underneath of it. It's unfortunate that the Demon ate the tranny, but I can at least get after taking the motor out of the car.

Last edited:
Ok.....might need to lay down a nice Patriot Blue paint job after bodywork. Just might need to check it against the vinyl top color. I have 360s and a fresh 440 ready to go. Might need to get another front end from HemiDenny!

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1466.JPG

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1456.JPG

-
Back