1972 Duster Upper Control Arms

-
Who sells upper control arms with bushings already installed?
For a 72 ? Not sure. I went to a local metal shop and our local Fastener shop, got 2 different sizes of pipe, a 6" grd 8, fully threaded bolt, and some Grd 8 washers ( to place on the pipes)
If you have a cordless impact, you can set those things in and out in a matter of seconds while they're on the car. Hardest part is taking the old cam bolts off so you can pop the thing up spinning around and work on it while it's still attached to the upper ball joint. I'd be more than willing to share exact specs on that stuff if you need I know that's not the question you asked

why is everyone so afraid of rebuilding a set of control arms? seems like everyone wants to hit the debit card open a box and bolt on.... its cheaper top rebuild your own with known-quality parts and doesnt take very long to do. Nor is it all that hard to do at all. Unless i find stripped upper ball joint threads, I always rebuild my own.... and sometimes I salvage those control arms with a couple of tack welds from the MIG to retain the ball joints. Not a huge deal at all.

-
Back