[SOLD] 1972 Plymouth Duster $5900 ***Update: I Believe engine is Original, see below***

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

RAF81

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have absolutely no time to spend on my project...So, I must part with it. Up for your consideration is a 1972 Plymouth Duster with a small block 318 mopar V8, it sounds very healthy! Oil pressure hovers around 60-70 psi at idle and sounds like there is a mild cam. There are 360 "J" heads installed, edelbrock dual plane intake, newer four barrel carb and long tube headers. "X" pipe crossover with dual flowmaster mufflers. The car starts right up and idles down nice. The car has a 727 automatic trans with a reverse manual valve body (slight leak). 8 3/4" rear end with 741 case and posi unit, not sure what the gear ratio is. Newer fuel tank and pickup installed, however, a previous owner removed part of the trunk floor to make it a "race" car. Thankfully, that's as far as he got! The car will include a bench seat that I picked up, front factory sway bar with new endlink bushing kit, new brake master cylinder and new front wheel cylinders as well as stainless drip rail set. Also included is a used and rusty Kelsey Hayes front disc brake setup from a '71 Duster. The tires are BF Goodrich and have very few miles on them but are older...the rears are very wide and do rub the wheel wells a little. As far as wiring, all lighting works, brakes/running/license plate/headlights, etc. except the bulb is out on the passengers side grill marker light. On to the body, the car is very solid! Front fenders/inners, footboxes, rockers, doors, hood, roof, decklid, floorpan and upper quarters are mint! There is one small area by the drivers feet that will need attention, maybe 12" x 12". The trunk will need a replacement as well as extensions and lower section of rear quarters (someone filled with putty), at least that's the way I would fix it. If you have any questions or would like to look at it please message me through facebook, I will not respond to Craigslist emails. The car is not perfect and does need work so price is OBO but lowball offers will not get a response. Attached below is a short video of the car running. Thanks, Ryan. Asking $6900

Less

***UPDATE*** From what I can tell this car has its original engine, it has a date code of 4-20-72 and door card indicates a build date of 5 (May) '72. Also, here are a couple interior pics....it does need door cards, carpet, dash pad and headliner. I am also including a full trunk floor out of an original "A" body car that will be included with this car. Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Below is a video of the car running
Less

Ryan (13833).JPG

Ryan (13834).JPG

Ryan (13832).JPG

Ryan (13830).JPG

Ryan (13841).JPG

Ryan (13816).JPG

Ryan (13819).JPG

Ryan (13821).JPG

IMG_7540.JPG

Ryan (13824).JPG

Last edited:
***UPDATE*** From what I can tell this car has its original engine, it has a date code of 4-20-72 and door card indicates a build date of 5 (May) '72. Also, here are a couple interior pics....it does need door cards, carpet, dash pad and headliner. I am also including a full trunk floor out of an original "A" body car that will be included with this car. Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

IMG_9570.JPG

IMG_9578.JPG

IMG_9579.JPG

IMG_9581.JPG

IMG_9584.JPG

IMG_9592.JPG

IMG_9589.JPG

IMG_9587.JPG

What rear wheel width is that!? Looks so cool that it fills rear wheel wells nicely. 15x8 or 15x10? Backspace please.
15x8 Wheel with 295 BFG...Honestly its a little too wide and rubs the quarter panel lip a little, 275's would be better.

Do you remember what backspace?
I don't, but looks to be on center so 4" BS

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back