1973 318 Water Pump

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can someone enlighten me with the differences between using an aluminum water pump and a cast (OE style)? Are they interchangeable? Some things I read seem to indicate that they are not...

Jim

Their application info is screwed up. Same pump fits whenever they went to the newer style, 70/71 can't remember

Can someone enlighten me with the differences between using an aluminum water pump and a cast (OE style)? Are they interchangeable? Some things I read seem to indicate that they are not...

Jim

If you are going to put it into an 69 and earlier car, use the cast iron and timing cover with marks on pass side...

If you are going to put it into a 70 and later car, use the aluminum water pump and timing chain cover with the marks on the driver's side...

That way the radiator outlets and hoses will work for the stock molded hoses...

If you are going to put it into an 69 and earlier car, use the cast iron and timing cover with marks on pass side...

If you are going to put it into a 70 and later car, use the aluminum water pump and timing chain cover with the marks on the driver's side...

That way the radiator outlets and hoses will work for the stock molded hoses...
We have a Bingo!
Right on the money with your advice!

-
Back