1973 340 Duster too good to scrap?

-

Old Kid

Reaction score
As part of a package deal, I have a stripped 73 Duster body. After checking it out, it is not in that bad a shape (for the Northeast). VIN says it's a 340 car, has clutch pedals, floor shift hump, sunroof and folding rear seat hardware (seats are gone). I have the original doors and a set of fenders. Is this car too good to scrap? Is it of much value to someone?

Attachments

• Chalk It Up Part 4(Rubric) 049.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 469
Not Bad for N.E....Maybe sell the metal,?...New quarters are goin for 225-275...

Plymouth isn't building these anymore8).

It is a 340

4 speed

sunroof car

should be relatively rare

may not be the highest desired car, but it has a few good points!

someone save this one...............?

Here we go again.....
I vote save it.
They aren't making them anymore. It's one of 639 total made sunroof 340 '73 Dusters, that's auto and 4 speeds.
I bet less than half were 4 speeds.
We really got to get away from these cars being worth more in parts than whole.
In 10 years it will be the other way around.
We gotta stop cutting up and crushing the rare ones.
Just my 2 cents FWIW.

That's an easily save-able car. As pointed out above,it dont seem to matter now but just wait cuz in 10 yrs guys will be kicking themselves for parting out cars like this.

Dude I would buy this car, its in better shape then the one I am rebuilding, it even already has a cage in it.. this is an easy rebuild.

Here we go again.....
I vote save it.
They aren't making them anymore. It's one of 639 total made sunroof 340 '73 Dusters, that's auto and 4 speeds.
Just my 2 cents FWIW.

That's an easily save-able car. As pointed out above,it dont seem to matter now but just wait cuz in 10 yrs guys will be kicking themselves for parting out cars like this.

There it is. Hindsight is 20/20 and in 10 years you'll kick yourself if you cut it up. I would have said save it if it was just a 340 car. Since it's a 340 4 speed with a sunroof, I'd say it's a no-brainer.

That is a rare version of a Duster. I had one also, only a 318 car, 3spd w/buckets, moon roof and fold down rear seat. I have yet to see anotherone like it. Remember, it was a 318 car. I have only seen about 3 or 4 including your there in the trim it is in.

That cr is ready and primed to do anything with since it has a roll cage, perfect platfrom to race with or resto since it is in a base condition ready for work.

Beileve me, if I had the cash, I'd be there tomorrow. It would be worth the trip.

Put it on a roller, all you need to do is blast it, replace some metal and put it in primer then add what you have to it. Or at least get it off the ground!!!
Most people spend a fortune trying to put in a cage, with a cage it tells me it has a solid frame which is the first 1/4 of the battle, then your body, then your motor, tranny and rear end.

post more pictures of this, you should be able to get 3000+ out of this with doors, deck lid, fenders and hood.

post more pictures of this, you should be able to get 3000+ out of this with doors, deck lid, fenders and hood.

??? 3 grand? In this market??? Or did you mean put the above on it anf then sell for 3 grand..

Personally I would like to see it saved. Unfortunately I, like a few others, have too many projects now to start another. Is the car worth more in parts? In today’s market, yes. If it underside isn't totally rusted thru then it would be great if someone could "bring it back to life". Is it worth 3k? Not in my opinion! But defiantly worth saving!

He said he is saving it in a Pm. That is what caged rollers are bringing in kansas on craigslist..

Here we go again.....
I vote save it.
Just my 2 cents FWIW.

X2:supz::supz::supz:

Save it! Save it! Save it!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

At the very least, sell it in one piece to someone that is willing to bring it back. I don't remember ever seeing a 73 Duster with the 340, 4 speed, sunroof, and fold down rear seat. Dodge called their sunroof, fold down rear seat Dart Sport a convertriple, or something like that. Don't know what Plymouth called the Duster with these options.

I can't believe this is even in question. 340, 4-speed, sunroof car? I thought we loved our little a bodies. Too rough? Hasn't anybody noticed my avatar? Save it. Sell it. sit on it. Don't scrap it. Somebody would love to have it. late model or not.

do not scrap it!

someone will buy the hole thing from you for more than you can get out of it for scrap.

would be great for someone that has a complete duster that is rotted or smashed...they could do a bunch of parts swapping and be back in business.

-
Back