1973 Dodge Dart Coupe

-

Mexican Spec

Mason66
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this. If this is not the right place let me know.

This is a 1973 Dodge Dart Coupe. It is a US Spec car.

Youcan tell because it doesn't have the longer legs on the rear part of the roof and the Federal Emissions sticker under the hood.

My question for you is if you think this is an original car or has it been resotred.

01-front.jpg

02-rear.jpg

03-left.jpg

04-int.jpg

05-right.jpg

06-int.jpg

07-eng.jpg

08-eng.jpg

09-int.jpg

I don't get your question. There are hardtops (which this looks like) and "2 door sedans" (or coupe) which has the "post" and a full door frame.

blower motor and wiper motor green = not original.

Someone shot paint all over the engine compartment.

Something funky going on with the vinyl top too, it's been recovered and it something looks off about it.

Also, you say it's "U.S. spec" but that alternator is not. I cannot tell if it's an aftermarket swap, or something that would have come in your country, like Bosch or Motorola, etc

I didn't know where to post this. If this is not the right place let me know.
This is a 1973 Dodge Dart Coupe. It is a US Spec car.
You can tell because it doesn't have the longer legs on the rear part of the roof and the Federal Emissions sticker under the hood.
My question for you is if you think this is an original car or has it been restored.
View attachment 1716002762
Personally I am not a Mopar expert, but isn't the BEAK a '74 thing? Not sure on what is meant by "longer legs" on roof, either. US spec car? Lack of emission sticker? Certainly that could have been scraped off, one would think, when they sprayed under the hood.

I would say the body has been repainted and the engine compartment has been freshened up. Interior looks original. Restored.....no.
Never seen someone paint the entire wiper motor like that.

Personally I am not a Mopar expert, but isn't the BEAK a '74 thing? Not sure on what is meant by "longer legs" on roof, either. US spec car? Lack of emission sticker? Certainly that could have been scraped off, one would think, when they sprayed under the hood.

@newmexguy - First, you replied into your quote of Mexican Spec, so it's hard to see what you actually wrote

As for the rest of it, the "beak" started with the redesign in '73. '74 had them but '73 was the first year.

For the US spec, the Mopars made in South America looked a little different. A Brazilian Dart Charger, for example with what the OP called the "longer legs" on the roof...

upload_2021-4-26_12-42-37-png.png

44435057372_d210a47159_b.jpg

To go beyond the purist definition of restored, it looks like a car that someone has taken care of and refurbished to keep in good running condition. It looks like a really nice car.

What’s your definition of ‘restored’? I think we all have a similar definition of original.

Very hard to tell whats going on with the roof. On one picture the passenger side looks like someone added something in under the vinyl to make the glass more upright or something, yet the drivers side in another photo looks kinda normal. Could be just the way the sun's hitting it, but something's going on. Plus they didn't put the trim back over the gasket.
Overall though, a clean well kept car with the aforementioned re-paint.

-
Back