1973 Duster

-

Dk.03

Reaction score
Got a 1973 Duster from a friend. I'm 20 and kind of know kind of don't know what I'm doing. I want to swap the 73 front with a 70 duster front so grill, hood, bumper. I know I need different supports just don't know which ones are the right ones to use. Anyone know and trying to help?
62353560029__31CA0D0D-A23B-4B90-A4CF-1BD55FDFEC7D.JPG
62431250688__608C91CB-2F72-4701-96A1-ECCA1D8B596D.JPG

I’m not 100% sure of this but I have owned both styles of front ends. Just try a bumper swap to see if it bolts up to the older brackets. I think it will. BUT! Once you have all the parts for the conversion, it should just simply bolt together. Earlier bumper brackets if needed should not be to hard to find. (Here or on the net.)

For the most part, the mounting points don’t/didn’t change over the years, just the shape of the metal that bolts to it.

Welcome aboard!

I’m not 100% sure of this but I have owned both styles of front ends. Just try a bumper swap to see if it bolts up to the older brackets. I think it will. BUT! Once you have all the parts for the conversion, it should just simply bolt together. Earlier bumper brackets if needed should not be to hard to find. (Here or on the net.)

For the most part, the mounting points don’t/didn’t change over the years, just the shape of the metal that bolts to it.

Welcome aboard!
Will do Thank You

Welcome to the site ! Nice Car ! I haven't done that swap, so I cannot say for sure what is needed. Others here have, and I'm sure they'll help out. And remember, I gave you your first "like" :D

Got a 1973 Duster from a friend. I'm 20 and kind of know kind of don't know what I'm doing. I want to swap the 73 front with a 70 duster front so grill, hood, bumper. I know I need different supports just don't know which ones are the right ones to use. Anyone know and trying to help?
View attachment 1715730926 View attachment 1715730927
Wow, she was running on chocolate milk I see

Welcome from Fredericksburg, VA. An ambitious project but looks like you have already gotten some good feedback on how to proceed.

There's a member who's done this to several of his cars.. un70... Something... His call name isn't simple so it is hard to remember...
Anyways with the correct parts it should be kind of a bolt on deal, no rocket science...
Welcome aboard..
Remember I was the most recent to give you a like... LOL...

I did a 75 to 70 front grill swap

You need the hood..grille, upper and lower grille support..plus the bumper. I had to make a small tab and weld it to the fender..

-
Back