-
Status
Not open for further replies.

superbyrd

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
1973 plymouth scamp project. factory 318/904 auto car, factory a/c, power steering and power disc brakes. story from original owners family is the mileage is correct at 37K miles. car sat in a very damp and leaky barn for many years. not a bad body, typical a-body rust, trunk floor gone, lower quarters. floor pans are solid. has bondo here and there. still wearing a lot of its original blue paint. solid underneath, has a little spot on driver side rear frame rail, easy fix, but, includes a complete drivers rear frame rail cut at the spot welds. includes brand new in box spectre gas tank and sending unit. ole 318 runs smooth, trans shifts good, starts, runs and lot drives. not roadworthy. has all new front brakes, rotors, calipers, hoses, pads, lines, etc. all new rear drum brakes except drums. job was not finished, that's why its a project. no, you can't drive it home. NO title, sold with bill of sale only. NOT parting it out, NOT separating, NO need to ask. price is $3000 obo. henderson, kentucky 42420

a3183.jpg

a3184.jpg

a3185.jpg

a3186.jpg

a3187.jpg

a318010.jpg

a318011.jpg

a318012.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a good project car. I'm sure someone will want it, but I've got a question about something I've seen posted before..."no title." The process here, where I live is a royal pain in the butt to try and register a car without a title and just a bill of sale. The DMV wants a bonded title, only after local law enforcement confirms the VIN and that's still not going to guarantee that they will register it. How do does the DMV do it where you are at?

Notarized bill of sale is all that is required in the state of KY. But, doing too many lost/classic car titles, will throw up red flags. Usually, everyone wants "someone else" to do the leg work/time/hassle of getting the title for them,...and sell them the car for the same price. So, a person can go thru whatever procedure they have to in their state.
The ones that irritate me, are the ones that advertise, "no title, in my state, cars over 10 years old don't have titles"....that's half a lie. In those states, a bill of sale is all that is needed to "license/register" an old car. the owner is given a certificate of registration, which will change to a title in other states.
Instead, the seller should be honest and say..."I have not, and not going to register this vehicle, as I have no paperwork, so, you are on your own"...instead of making it sound like their states licensing procedure is why they don't have a title.

Last edited:
Notarized bill of sale is all that is required in the state of KY. But, doing too many lost/classic car titles, will throw up red flags. Usually, everyone wants "someone else" to do the leg work/time/hassle of getting the title for them,...and sell them the car for the same price. So, a person can go thru whatever procedure they have to in their state.
The ones that irritate me, are the ones that advertise, "no title, in my state, cars over 10 years old don't have titles"....that's half a lie. In those states, a bill of sale is all that is needed to "license/register" an old car. the owner is given a certificate of registration, which will change to a title in other states.
Instead, the seller should be honest and say..."I have not, and not going to register this vehicle, as I have no paperwork, so, you are on your own"...instead of making it sound like their states licensing procedure is why they don't have a title.
Same here in Illinois. But I did get a challenger from Massachusetts, butchered up title. But after several phone calls found that getting a letter from last state of registration , stating they don’t require title if vehicle is past a certain age was enough to get Illinois title

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back