1973 swinger door hinge removal...photo included

-

AEMIKEA

Reaction score
it looks obvious, but do I really have to go inside the car for the bolts for the hinges or should I just remove the door and leave the hinges?

27EF9BB5-B224-41EA-B493-7091206D34F9.jpeg

Last edited:
it looks obvious, but do I really have to go inside the car for the bolts for the hinges or should I just remove the door and leave the hinges?

View attachment 1715411221
If the door hangs with good gaps and opens and closes nice, remove door from hinges. If you remove them from
body it will be a fight to realign everything properly. And, yes, you do have go inside car to remove hinges from body.

There are two bolts inside and one on outside for each hinge. Remove the kick panel to get to the inside bolts. The outside bolts can be reached if you remove the inner fender splash shield. Obviously not needed if the fenders are removed already.

There are two bolts inside and one on outside for each hinge. Remove the kick panel to get to the inside bolts. The outside bolts can be reached if you remove the inner fender splash shield. Obviously not needed if the fenders are removed already.
Thanks Mike!

-
Back