[WANTED] 1974-76 Valiant/Duster valance

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember those cars having a valance....do you mean the bumper fillers? How about a photo?

Agree with Cudamark - No metal valance in these years, just the "rubber" filler and the bumper assembly itself. Please clarify.

I don't remember those cars having a valance....do you mean the bumper fillers? How about a photo?
Rear has only bumper filler (plastic/rubber). The front has a valance (steel) and the bumper filler (plastic/rubber)screws on to the valance . Will provide a photo asap.

32F6707C-9893-4BF8-8A36-86188145B820.jpeg
88FC3675-EFA0-4FCA-9872-7719F613A6C1.jpeg
B1F9D182-EA8C-4111-A365-50FEAA329915.jpeg
Agree with Cudamark - No metal valance in these years, just the "rubber" filler and the bumper assembly itself. Please clarify.
Disagree. Front has both a metal valance and a bumper filler that screws on to the valance . The rear only has a plastic/rubber filler .check your car I see you have a picture of one as your profile picture .

I guess it's a matter of definition or local lingo, but, I've always regarded a valance as a sheet metal panel under the bumper, not above it. I would regard the metal piece you're asking about as a lower grille support panel or lower tie bar/panel. I don't believe Chrysler ever defined either as a valance, even ones we all consider one. Either way, good luck on your search. :thumbsup:

Can you give us the exact year of the car. There are some differences over those years.

Differing part names do contribute to my confusion. In my desert location anything rubber or plastic is hard to find. In pic from OP, the piece seems like it is just discolored and might be restorable. Can these non metallic filler pieces be smoothed/sanded and painted. Asking for both myself and OP.

Chrysler part #3691375 is called radiator grille panel lower. Search eBay for : Duster 3691375. Let us know if that is what you're looking for. !975 and 1976 have a different part number. 1973 may work but not sure.

Chrysler part #3691375 is called radiator grille panel lower. Search eBay for : Duster 3691375. Let us know if that is what you're looking for. !975 and 1976 have a different part number. 1973 may work but not sure.
Thanks for that info! Didn’t know 75-76 were different numbers

I have the metal, lower grille support in nice shape if interested. PM with zip for shipping and email and I can send pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back