1974 DaRt SwInGeR!!!

-

GermzD74

Cool Member
Reaction score
Age=18
Occupation=College Sttudent
Money=Broke lol

Well not too interesting since I havnt really put much money into the car or worked on it other than replace the old battery lol.

I bought the car a few weeks back from a guy down at the other side of the Mexican border in South Cali. He bought it at a auction for cheap.

From what I know he did minor work on the engine probably just to get it running, had a low budget paint job on it, and had the interior upholstery done. I think he said the original color was white.

The car is solid and complete from what I see, not too much rust and only one defect on the drivers side rear quarter panel, as you see it has patches and was covered with bondo.

Engine runs great for its condition and minor electrial problems.

As much as I would like to give info about my car and what I would like to do to it I cant due to low knowledge of engines and ... stuff lol

I'll be getting help from old friends that own and restore cars like these and hopefully will learn all about the nubers and engine stuff like most of you talk about lol *sigh*

I plan on taking a basic automotive class and try to figure out what all those measurements in the engine for example the camshaft. Sucks loving these cars and not knowing much to restore it, but with time I will :wav:

My noob plans for the car are:

Remove the engine and clean everything! Paint the engine place.

Rebuild the engine and clean, and upgrade the 225 slant into a super six with thought of maybe putting in a turbo in the future. Buy new exhaust with double ends.

I like the bigger wheels on the rear thing so whatever I need to do,to do that.

Install disk brakes in the front.

Clean and paint the bottom/chasis.

Redo the upholstery to black leather.

Hand sandpaper the car lol I was planning on getting it soda blasted but what for!? Its a hassle to sandpaper it but in the end i'll be proud if it looks good lol Want to paint it black where my main there colors would be a shiny black car with chrome parts...o yeah!

Can all you masters give me proffesional advice and feedback! With ideas for performance and tips! THANKS!!!!

-The Noob. :lol:

S4020603.JPG

S4020604.JPG

S4020605.JPG

S4020606.JPG

S4020611.JPG

S4020612.JPG

S4020613.JPG

S4020615.JPG

S4020616.JPG

S4020617.JPG

It looks like you found a pretty complete car to start with. Trust me, it looks a lot better than what I started with. See my before and after below. This below picture is after a lot of cleaning up......

It takes time, planning and money. Key word being planning. You can get a lot of support and guidance form the others on this site. I see your 18 years old. Good to see you younger guys gettting into Mopars. We will look forward to seeing the transformation in your car as you go.

Duster-BeforePic.jpg

Duster Pic.jpg

-
Back