1974 Valiant /6 Army Issue

-
Neat history on a great little car to fix up! I used to own an ex Army truck. 84 D350 single wheel pickup that was stationed at Ft. Jackson, SC its entire career. It was loaded with options....PS,PB, wipers and a heater! I sold the cattle bed that was on it when I bought it off a car lot, and put a regular long bed on it. It was about the same color green as your Valiant, but I painted it white. I sold it after I bought my diesel in 04. I was :realcrazy: for selling it, and wish I had it back! :(
Story of out lives isn't it? I've let go of many that I now regret

I seem to recall the TMP (transportation motor pool) at Ft Bragg still had some AMC Matadors up to 1991 or so. Most military installations have a pool of non-tactical vehicles that can be checked out for various reasons. So do most government agencies. They are managed by the GSA. These days the fleet is typically fairly new as I believe most are on a 36 or 48 month lease, and are optioned for better resale. Back then they ordered pretty plain-Jane base models and drove them until they died.

Big Boss

I actually thought it was a 198. Last owner swore it was. Checked the casting and nope lol. Officers are too lazy for 3 tree.
How are you going to tell by the casting? The difference between a 198 ad a 225 is all internal; rods, pistons and crank.

Rare= nobody wanted them when they were new either!

My friend has a '62 Plymouth 4 door that was originally a US Forest Service car... Big block with 3 on the tree.
Upon further review my buddy has found the '62 has a slant six k member and funky motor mounts so......

-
Back